Modded Mustang Forums banner

adjustable vs non-adjustable

1K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  mygrabber07 
#1 ·
i realize somewhere theres probably an old thread about this but instead of reviving an old thread i just wanted to start a new one.....recently bought a set of h&r sport springs and now im looking into upgrading my shocks & struts. my stang is my dd, i dont and wont be doing any road racing and my car will only see the strip a handfull of times this summer, i like to play around on the streets from time to time but what im wondering is whatre the advantages of adjustables vs non-adjustables, and for my application is it really worth spending the extra money to get adjustables? i dont want to half ass my car but at the same time i have to keep my budget in mind. thanks!

#4 ·
for adjustables, either Koni sports or Tokiko D-Specs in that order.

Non-adjustables Koni STR.T's.

I would get non adjustables since you really dont about racing or anything like that.

#11 ·
for adjustables, either Koni sports or Tokiko D-Specs in that order.

Non-adjustables Koni STR.T's.
I agree with DRock 100% and this is coming from someone who is currently running the Tokico D-Specs. However, I think your budget should dictate whether or not you get adjustable or non adjustable shock/struts. I daily drive my car, race it every now and than, play around, etc but run adjustables and never regret it. Even if I did zero racing, etc I wouldn't regret it. It's nice being able to adjust the ride quality to your tastes.

#6 ·
#9 ·
yea. You can call Sam (owner of that site) and ask for sure, but i believe its the end of this month.

#12 ·
ahhh.....do i want the adjustables, yes, but at the same time idk how much adjusting i would do anyways, ill probably go the non-adjustable route because of the budget aspect, but i have till near the end of the month to decide so i guess we'll see :) thank you for the input, appreciate it.

#13 ·
so whats better about the koni adj vs the d-spec

I have heard d-spec either only adjusts rebound or only adjusts stiffness.

I was thinking about QA1 for a while but they are adjustable to the point I am aftaid I might just get myself into trouble with to many options (32 bound and 32 rebound on one of thier modles)

#21 ·
yeah it's always more enjoyable to get the exact stiffness you want (that's what she said). if you're cruising as a DD you may just want some softer comfort, but if you're going on a trip through the mountains it's nice to be able to tighten everything up for the curves. i have the d-specs and found that i changed them quite often due to the ease of it.

#22 ·
i think im going to be bald by the time i decide and buy everything i want to completely build my stang.....ahh theres just so many options! i definetly do like the idea of being able to adjust my shocks/struts based on what style of driving im going to be doing, i live in washington and go across the mountain passes from time to time since i have alot of friends who go to school and live on the east side of the state but at the same time i know i'll be happy either way i go.......guess its time to just flip a coin or something haha

#25 ·
i like your perspective on that. to be honest, i'd probably play around with them just long enough to get em how i like then never touch em again. ive ridin in some cars that have a pretty harsh ride before and it doesnt bother me so i feel like no matter what, any sort of an upgrade over the stock shocks/struts when i go lower ill be happy with :cool:
i still have to get around to ordering an adjustable PHB before i put my springs in tho, theyre just collecting dust in my garage right now :sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.