Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have the tokico d-spec shocks and i have them set to the tightest setting is this bad? because a friend said that you want them at half tightness for best performance.

and an un related question..im soon to be getting either a roll bar (4 point), or h&r ss springs. what would you guys recomend?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
It's all dependent on what you want out of them. If you wanna roll around with tight shocks, hell, be my guest and enjoy bro.

As for performance use, that's just probably going to take a lot of seat time and a few nights at the strip. Like I said, it's really on preference.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and i forgot to say that this is not for the strip but for the twisties

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
stiffer for twisties...

umm i would say lower springs to lower your center of gravity.

How do you like your D-specs?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like em alot
on the softest setting they are way more comfortable than stock
and on the stiffest you feel everything..they are some great shocks

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
nice..i want them. But drag springs, SFC, and LCAs first.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
adjustable shocks = ftw Try different settings on them to find what you like. Find the cozy spot for normal driving, and the settings you feel are best for whatever other driving you do.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
+1 i love mine. But i have mine set to 3 Turns from the Stiffest setting all around. Now the stiffer you go the less grip you i will have, BUT the more responce you will have. Im actually going to change my settings in the spring. For good turn in, i THINK you will want the rear to be less stiff then the front. This way the front is stiffer for good responce and the rear will allow the car to carry out the turn. with the rear softer then the front it should create less drifting around turns if that is a problem for you. I don't like them how my settings are right now. My car fishtails if im going pretty fast around a turn but im sure much of that is from the LCA/UCA. I think i need so soften up the rear. But I have no idea how you are going around town in the Stiffest settings. For me 3 turns from Stiff is like riding on speed bumps lol. but mine was a daily driver for the last year. When i first got them installed i ran around town with the settings at Half way all the way around. It was a very comfortable to drive, great daily driver setting. But i did feel some bodyroll, but I did notice the Grip i got at half and half was MUCH better then the stiffer setting i am running now.

So for the spring i think my settings are going to be:
Front: 3 turns from stiff
Rear: Half way from stiff and soft

Ill see how this works.

Ohh, i also have H&R SS springs. Go great with the shocks/struts. id get springs before a roll bar.

·
Registered
978 Posts
im gonna get me some of these things when i get back home. i have heard nothing but good things about them.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
how are the shocks and struts for drag?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
how are the shocks and struts for drag?
im sure they are great if you are not a Hard Core drag strip guy. I really don't mess with the settings for drag. Im more of a handling person. But from what i hear these shocks and struts are not the Best for Drag. there are better stuff out there. But if you want an All around shock/strut for Handling/drag. Im sure these will get the job done but i really haven't tried them for drag yet.

Check this thread out... http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/125327-tokico-what-bad-about-them-again.html

I think they talk about drag in it^^

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
aight thanks man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts