Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to connect the clutch cable and it just seems to short to fit. How do I go about adjusting it for the new clutch I have ? It's still the stock adjustments on the pedal assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
346 Posts
You bought a stock oem clutch cable? Did you hook it up on the fork first and then go up to the quadrant? For the MM clutch cable kit, I had to pull up on the clutch pedal to get the quadrant to go forward enough to slip the cable through the end of the quadrant.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You did pull up the clutch pedal all the way too, and it is still too short? What clutch did you put in?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hmm, not sure what the deal is. Some people use the king cobra clutch with the stock quadrant and cable and have no issues, but it might be a good idea for you to look into the MM clutch cable kit. The stock stuff can't always adjust enough with a better than stock clutch. I'm not saying your issue with stock cable being put back in is due to this, but having the MM kit will probably be better off down the road.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1355459038.863690.jpg
Maybe this will fix the problem.. Ha ha my dad went to a junkyard while I was at work to find a alternator bracket for me and this was laying on the engine he said he almost over looked it completely.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
It takes two people. One person under the car pulling on the cable and the other in the car to lift up on the pedal. Its spring loaded, so if after you pull it out, you let go, it will snap back and you,ll have to lift up on the pedal while pulling out the cable again.

193 Posts
View attachment 32931
Maybe this will fix the problem.. Ha ha my dad went to a junkyard while I was at work to find a alternator bracket for me and this was laying on the engine he said he almost over looked it completely.

Good choice!! Pull that plastic stuff out of there and put this in its place. I had to hog out my UPR quadrant a bit to get it to fit properly, a firewall adjuster isn't a bad idea either.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
If youve done that and it still wont reach, something is wrong in the bellhousing with the bearing and fork.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts