Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was adjusting my headlights for the hids and now my adjustment screw for my driver side headlight will not adjust it just spins so i was wondering is there is anyway i could take it apart maybe or do i have to buy another one because the headlights are on the damn trees

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same Exact thing happened to me but sorry don't know what to do yet lol mine are still flashing the trees but mine is the passenger side, I'm sure we could order the adjusting part maybe and replace it? I'm just going to get retrofit headlights let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
ha ha... if your lights are factory pieces your kinda screwed... cant take them apart. Im betting what happened was the ball and socket came apart inside. with aftermarket headlights you can simply bake them in the oven and peel the lens off, but with factory lights that really isnt an option.

Grab the back of the light bucket where the bulb goes in and see if you can move it. you shouldnt be able to. it should be mounted solidly at three points. if you can move it either up and down of in and out that is a good indicator that the ball popped out of the socket. grab the adjuster and twist it a bit and see if you can pull it out....

Here is a pic of the adjuster out of a set...

notice the three ears.... it is indexed like most tail light bulb holders... turn 30 degrees or so and it comes out...

If these are able to be taken out there is your problem...

Shameless plug, buy my lights from me and IF they ever pop out the housings can easily be opened and they can be fixed.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn lol.. i would get you to retrofit me some but I'm unemployed right now and spending money on my car right now is just not a smart idea....such a pain in the ass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts