Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious of the harm burnouts do to engine/transmission. I kno they wear ur tires out quicker but what about a little more in depth?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Smoke em'

Reactions: Pittbull

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha the reason I'm askin is cuz I've come to find out that lighting the tires up is quiet addicting :O

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Haha not when you never hook up as it is

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
rear brake pads and clutch.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
You can warp your rotors (all corners for that matter), brake pads, clutch can burn up, extended wear on rear end, tire wear (duh), and possible rubber chunks sticking to undercarriage and rear bumper.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah brakes and tired being the most.

sorry about your clutch problems lol jp

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You can burn em pretty good without using your brakes. That's what I do atleast, I've never done a true brake stand.

And other than tires and brakes everything else is something your car sees every time you drive it.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VeI've never done a brake stand either ha.
Warp ur rotors hu... That's the kinda tid bit I was lookin for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I blew the pinion in my rear-end at 60k. Had 3.55's put in and about 2k miles later the posi unit is wiped, no fun with one wheel peel.

Brakes are cheap and easy to fix, plus you shouldn't need the brakes. Clutches, transmissions and rear-ends are expensive. I've blown a few automatic transmissions in Chevy's and ruined a few clutches. Don't forget the flywheel, you'll need it resurfaced also.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
dont forget about the limited slip units with spider gears and transmissions ive went through 2 sets on my f150 im leaning towards a locker setup next with more spline axles.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn son. Yeh my clutch is about gone, when it does finally give up the ghost Ima replace everything clutch/flywheel and get a MGW in that bitchhh

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
my mgw shifter was my favorite mod ive done so far. gears comes close..

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
and tires?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HOLY ****ING ****! :O very nice dood
how many gears did u go thru?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This thread just became the "Post Your Sweet Pics/Vids of The Awesome Burnouts Youve Done" haha :D

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
a line lock makes life easier...

other things that break, well... maybe my launches on slicks did not help, but i have cracked the axle brackets on the diff housing, and killed a ton of control arm bushings. :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts