Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HemiKILLER
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I just recently picked up a GT40 upper and lower for my 94 GT 5.0 . Its already been ported by Thumper in Orange Park FL . I just need some guidance . First of all, I dont wanna change the intake until I get some heads, and im kinda on a budget build . I think ive decided to go with a set of gt40 heads . But GT40 or GT40P ? I want to do it where I run into the least problems possible. My car already has 3:73 Gears, CAI, and Exhaust, Oh and its 5 speed But im gonna order longtubes tomorrow, so I wanted too get some advice on a set of heads first . Im thinking about doing a E303 cam with some 1.7rr and GT40 Upper&Lower . But the heads im kinda lost about . So I need opinions and ideas . This car is a daily driver, and I would like to have you know a decent street car .

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not sure what offerings there are out there for GT40p long tubes.

Least amount of issues are going to be with the GT40 heads which allow any off the shelf part to work.

With either one you will want to get a spring package and definitely do some porting on the heads to take advantage of that intake. Once its all together you will really regret not taking the time to do it.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I agree you'll have no problem with gt40's. The p's have an odd spark plug angle which make headers hard on them.

Also I would not get them ported. Springs yes, ported no. Unless you can find them already ported. The reason being by the time you get the heads, throw rockers and springs on them and get them ported you could get some used trick flows for the same money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
489 Posts
A set of regular ol GT-40 iron heads would be cheap and easy. Keep an eye out for good deals. I sold mine with upgraded springs and 1.7rr for $400. I've seen others go for the same price. My old setup with the 40 heads, intake, exhaust made 280rwhp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts