Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that I can put a 351w in my 65 mustang but i need a special kind of header. Can anyone give me any insight into what kind of header is best for this.

·
Registered
176 Posts
289 hipo exhaust manifolds from a 64 or 65. That's not all you will need either. Depends on what engine you already have in it but you're looking at a bunch of "nickle and dime" things you'll need to get.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

For years, JBA's Mid-length headers have been a favorite of classic Mustang builders and restorers. Praised for big power gains, easy installation, heavy-duty construction and no loss in ground clearance, these headers have no equal. The mid-length 1-5/8" primary tubes deliver excellent flow for high output engines. Extra thick 3/8" CNC laser-cut flanges on the head and collector prevent leaks caused by warping. These headers also feature JBA's patented Firecone® merge collector for improved exhaust scavenging and reduced turbulence in the exhaust system. Each kit includes high quality hardware and gaskets for a professional installation and starter tubes to mate to your existing system.
Large view JBA mid-length header.
JBA header features:
3/8" thick laser-cut single piece flanges
1-5/8" Mandrel-bent stainless steel primaries
Patented JBA Firecone® merge collector
JBA sealing dome connection with exhaust
Premium quality hardware and gaskets
Simple installation
Lots of ground clearance
Optional ceramic coating (thermal barrier)
50 state smog legal(for most applications)
Fits 1965-73 289, 302, 351W
1965 Mustang requires 1966-1970 motor mounts.
Stock# 1650x

Explanation of header finishes

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know the 65 and 66 are pretty much the same body style, but would a 351w fit into a 66 the same way it would a 65?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Something else I had read about was putting 351 heads on a 289? Do the 351 heads fit on a 289 like a 250 head fits on a 200 I6? Or is there some modification that has to take place?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts