Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, I want to do some suspension work on my stang to fit the title with a budget of 500 bucks.

I was thinking of running
-Ford Motorsport B or C springs (whichever don't require camber plates)
-Lakewood lift bars
Lakewood Suspension 21901 - Lakewood Traction Action Lift Bar Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
-Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks

I plan on only running street tires or maybe some DOT type bias ply 8" tires ( I prefer to run street tires as they will spin, I don't wanna break stuff)

Only other chassis mod I've done is have the full length sub-frames with the torque box plates welded in and also had him weld a bead around the lower torque box.

Any advice will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You cant do much for $500. You can get the FRPP springs or Steeda Sports. Get Maximum Motorsport lower arms. Tokico HP blue shocks/struts. Your still going to need an alignment. You might need cc plates. Some do some dont.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Since you specifically mentioned street/strip, you should know that lowering your car will hurt your traction at the track. Near stock ride height is ideal for launching. If you don't care about that, then go ahead with the springs. I think c/c plates are advised for both sets of springs.

I'm in the process of doing my rear suspension (admittedly more strip-oriented than yours). Shopping list is as follows:

Baseline Street Launch UCA $260
Baseline LCA #1 $175
Strange 10-Way Adjustable Shocks $140
Air Bag for Rear Passenger Spring $32
Upper and Lower Torque Box Reinforcement Kit $90

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I'am aware of the springs hurting but the stock height is just gawd awful to look at lol. those LCA's from Baseline look sweet........also look real aggressive. Would they be too hard on the torque box? Road noise?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
With springs and a stiffer suspension you're going to get more noise. Mine is set up for strip but is still a DD. For now atleast

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yea I'am aware of the springs hurting but the stock height is just gawd awful to look at lol. those LCA's from Baseline look sweet........also look real aggressive. Would they be too hard on the torque box? Road noise?
If you've got your torque boxes welded up already, you should be fine unless you're planning to launch hard at the track. I can't speak to road noise since I don't have mine installed yet, but I would imagine the noise will increase somewhat.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:eek: That looks real good, I like how it mounts and actually helps prevent breaking stuff too. I'll hold off on the lowers for now until you test out yours casper.

Be sure to let us know how they work. If they work good like they look like they should I'll probably get some basic tubular lowers to compliment the kit.

So............BBK Gripp springs,Lakewood 70/30 50/50,LCAs and this device should handle good for the street and have a hell of alot of foward bite I believe. I'am over budget but what the hell :cool:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'am over budget but what the hell :cool:
Story of my life....

Edit: I just noticed that the CHE piece that casper link relocates the LCAs. Please note that you don't want to relocate both the LCAs and the UCAs. Do one or the other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts