Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to my disbelief I am in a situation where i have to get rid of my 5.0.. i will be buying a newer mustang from a dealership so i can do payments and all that. so my question is: WHAT does anyone think my best bet is: i can't be too slow or else i'll find myself doing heavy motor work and i dont want to be slow when i buy it cuz i wont have immediate cash, but i dont wanna buy a car from a used lot that won't pass inspection.. I'm trying to run about a 13 flat with simple intake exhaust headers rear gears... so i'm up for grabs really. my two closest to best thoughts were a 2000 GT stock and just put smaller downpayment and use like 1000 to drop it, intake and exhaust and rear gear if i can... and the other is somethin like a 2005 GT.. and same bolt ons.. but it'll be higher downpayment obviously so i might not have the cash.advice?

·
902 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Keep the fox for now, buy a random $1000 or under beater with cash until you get out of the hole that requires you to finance a 7 to 12 year old car from an independent dealer that can finance at 28% or more. You'll have two cars, one being a Mustang and no car payment and finance charges for a while.

·
Registered
659 Posts
keep your 5.0 and just keep saving money to put down. I say get about 5g's and put 2-3 thousand down and keep the rest for mods. You should be able to get a decent car especially with economy now. What type of payment u looking at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts