Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im painting my calipers with g2 am i supposed to paint the bracket as well ?not sure on this one what have you guys done? mine are still silver from the factory no grime or oxidation reps for good info and pics thanks

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah i um useing black

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
i painted my brackets, is it a spray or the brush kit. If its a spray i would pull them off tape it all up and cover everything you didnt want painted with plastic. if you pull the calipers all the way off and have to bleed the brakes the brake fluid will eat the paint off...ask me how i know. i would take a small hose and put it on the bleeder if you have to bleed them

Reactions: faym 08

·
MM's Official Lab Rat!
3,315 Posts
I vote paint the brackets as well. Looks unfinished if you don't.

Reactions: faym 08

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I didn't paint the brackets. Looks good. Can go either way, though, apparently. I just didn't know I could paint those.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah think i will do the brackets since its black i think it will look odd with the gray brackets and black calipers hope theres enough g2!

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I painted mine brush on. I have to repaint it because it chipped alot.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I might have to try this here soon. Seems like a fast and easy "mod"

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man it looks like there wont be enough of the g2 this stuff must spread out real good the cans only 3/4 full but i did a search and people say its plenty i will know sunday supposed to warm up a bit

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Can anyone post up some pictures with red stock calipers from the side with the wheels on? I have mine black right now, but they have chipped a little bit and I'm going to repaint them as soon as I'm done with classes this semester. . Currently I have black, but have thought about doing them in red.

I typical think stock calipers painted red look like someone is trying to make it look like a BBK. But I'm starting to think it would look good with the drilled slotted rotors and polished bullets. They would really stand out because the only color on the car is silver and black.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Has anyone used the duplicolor kit? It's about the only thing locally available.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
plenty of g2 for 3 coats and some touch up of light spots that stuff goes a long way..will post some pics after i un tape

1 - 19 of 19 Posts