Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered a 2010 GT500 vert so I have 8-12 weeks to sell my 2006 GT Vert and wonder if you all could help with valuation.

I realize I won't get 100% of my add-on investment back so I'm looking for a realistic value but hoping i can do better that a trade-in value. KBB puts a private-party sale value at between 19k and 22k

i would say the car is in excellent condition so I could start with 22k but I wonder if 25k might be more like it. Here's what I have done

- Mileage: 18,600
- Color - Tungsten Grey with Red Stripes and interior
- Nylon stripes removed and PAINTED on
- 18" bullet wheels with brand new tires
- GT500 chin
- GT500 rear spoiler
- Side scoops
- Cervini 2scoop hood
- locking hood pins
- straight ram air intake to go with the front scooped hood
- mgw short throw shifter
- SLP loudmouth axle-backs (no muffler-passes MA inspection fine)
- Alpine iva-200 touch screen headunit with dvd player (that plays)
- Alpine Nav System
- IPOD connection in glove
- XM radio and Game Port installed in the console box for aux input
- start ignition button on dash
- Revelco anti-theft device (this is awesome)

pic 1

Pic 2

so what's the "right price" for this car? (anyone want to buy it haha?)

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
You're best bet is to remove all the aftermarket stuff that is feasable and either sell it, or use it on your new car.

To your average Joe, aftermarket = beat on.

I would start it at like $24k and put something like, "Asking $24k. Price is OBO so don't hesitate to make me an offer."

·
Registered
569 Posts
I got 20K for my 06 gt when I traded it in with 24k miles on it and full exahust and basic bolt ons. I would say you could get 22-24k for yours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say 20k. Those parts don't really add value. Plus it's a vert, so that takes away value too.
I was wondering why a convertible TAKES AWAY value. I'm biased because I own two of them, but they cost more to start, why would that hurt value? I understand that they aren't as good for road course racing but they're a heck of a lot more fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts