Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 GT with 80k on the motor. As of right now it has BBK shorty headers, 42lb injectors, kenne bell blowzilla supercharger set at 8psi, flowmaster exhaust, walbro 255 fuel pump, custom tuned superchip. It has only been superchaged for around 6-7k miles. It gets around 23mpg on the highway. This is my daily driver by the way..

I want to go turbo. I want to know what everyone thinks.. I to the dismay of many of you am going to go with the boost brothers single turbo kit. When i do this im want to tear down the engine and put forged pistons and a turbo cam in. I also will get an aftermarket intake to. I am curious as to how much additional parts will be required. I should have the fuel system pretty much done, with the exception of MAF.. I want to run in the like of that 8 psi. and still be able to drive it everyday and get half way decent mileage.

Any advise is welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
You want to take off the SC and run a turbo at the same PSI? Im no expert on forced induction but I doubt that's gonna be worth it.

·
Banned
837 Posts
exactly why put the forged pistons in just to run 8 psi , boost brothers kit is not headache free on installing as well , just something to keep in mind

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
You want to take off the SC and run a turbo at the same PSI? Im no expert on forced induction but I doubt that's gonna be worth it.
Turbo doesn't have the parasitic loss that a s/c does, so at the same boost a turbo will make more power.

I do agree though, if you're gonna go turbo and build up your short block, crank that boost! Run at least a bar (14.7 lbs).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i built up my short block, and forged the bottom end, and ran that 12-14psi would the car still be streetable? i drive this car everyday. i dont want to make the car so outragous that it isnt driveable anymore. If i get a conservative tune.

·
Registered
573 Posts
if this car is driven everyday id leave it just the way it sits and maybe a h/c/i like stated before if you havent already, why the turbo? you get waxed by a buddy with a turbo on it? i know the differences between the 2 but if you already have the kb why not keep it? im not sure with kb but if you looking to add more boost and still be fine with a dd 10-12 with the injectors and pump you have would be fine on stock block/internals without running lean or blowing it up

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have that system in my car it took 50 hrs to install but I put a boost controller and lm2 in it there is alot of modifying to do they have these clamps that go around the exhaust that leak bad ,so I put v band clamps on ,also the exhaust hangs low I modified it but still not right I will have to make my own for it, my motor is stock at 6.5 psi the motor made 343hp at the rear wheels with a really bad clutch we tried to turn the boost up to 10 psi but I ran out of fuel pump I would probably stick with the sc and just build the motor up alittle it would probably save some $ and alot of aggravation

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will try to take some tomorrow and put them up,but for the kit I had to notch the frame alittle and if you are going to use the air filter then you will have to notch the core support the a/c line has to be bent pretty good also and run the line on top of everything and the intercooler hangs down low but if you redo the power steering cooler lines you can raise it up more , I will see about the pics for ya

·
Registered
36 Posts
also too if you have a manual trans you have to buy a long clutch cable for it it sits on the header but here is some pics I will try to get some more

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have you had any problems with the kit other then while installing the kit? are you happy with the kit considering the price?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
around 7k are on the kb. its in perfect condition, not marks or scratches on it. ill try to get some pictures later

·
Resident Headbanger
2,428 Posts
I have a 95 GT with 80k on the motor. As of right now it has BBK shorty headers, 42lb injectors, kenne bell blowzilla supercharger set at 8psi, flowmaster exhaust, walbro 255 fuel pump, custom tuned superchip. It has only been superchaged for around 6-7k miles. It gets around 23mpg on the highway. This is my daily driver by the way..

I want to go turbo. I want to know what everyone thinks.. I to the dismay of many of you am going to go with the boost brothers single turbo kit. When i do this im want to tear down the engine and put forged pistons and a turbo cam in. I also will get an aftermarket intake to. I am curious as to how much additional parts will be required. I should have the fuel system pretty much done, with the exception of MAF.. I want to run in the like of that 8 psi. and still be able to drive it everyday and get half way decent mileage.

Any advise is welcome.
Thanks
If you really want more power and are planning to go higher in boost with a turbo, I strongly recommend you build the engine on a stronger aftermarket block. The last thing you want is to spend a shedload of money building a new engine only for the production block to split down the middle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heres some more pics of the kit,the kit is fine havent had any problems with it its been running 3 months and I use it as my daily driver,just need to a new clutch and fuel pump put in to turn it up alittle

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dude, you're makin a mistake. If you want to dump money into your car and still keep it a daily driver, you need to build your motor. If by daily driver, you mean less than 500 hp, you will probably be fine with the stock block. But forge it, put a good set of heads on it and a blower cam and with a good tune, run 12 psi on the Kenne Bell. You would be cranking some NICE numbers like that and it would be so much more fun to drive around than the turbo. That's my opinion of course - I love the low-end-kick-you-in-the-ass feeling. I would hate to see you get rid of that blower man. Not too many 94-95's have them, and its a unique set up. Just think about it real hard before you do anything.

·
Registered
649 Posts
id agree. i wouldn't get a turbo kit unless you are willing to spend the money on a NICE turbo kit like a hellion or something. iM almost done installing a HP twin turbo kit on my car, and it was a PAIN in the rear. IF you just want a boosted DD, id keep the supercharger and build the motor. I had a vortech on my cobra first, and i wish i woulda just kept it and threw an intercooler on it. you already have the charger and KB is a good brand. Get a forged rotating assembly and a nice set of AFR heads, some longtubes and a better fuel system. you could be runnin high 500's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts