Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What line should I tap for power? I know I have to ground the black white and blue wires but dont know where to get the power for the gauge(red wire) I was going to marry it with the rest of the red wires from my speedhut gauge but was told not to since the wb needs more power. Pictures would be great

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i did mine with the radio fuse. Add a circuit.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will a 10amp fuse do the trick?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
prolly, just put a 20 amp. Why not?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The add a circuit says it can hold a max 10 amp fuse, I used an add a circuit for my other two speedhut gauges, I married the red wires and connected it to the add a circuit, could I also marry the red wire from the AEM gauge and use the same connection?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i would assume so. Its just a small amount of power to run that thing so "do what you do" ~Mudvayne

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The heater in the wide band sensor can use as much as 5-6A on a cold start, the electronics of the controller draw less than 1A. A dedicated 10A circuit would be just right.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i wired my aem wideband yesterday. I used the add a circuit and tapped it into the DRL module fuse and also hooked up my shift lite to the same circuit. Works perfect. I used two 5 amp fuses in the add a circuit since it says it can only handle max of 10amps. No problems with it so far. Aem instructions say use a 10 amp fuse. My other 2 gauges are hooked via add a circuit to the convertible top fuse location.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok well I connected all the possitive wires from my 2 speedhut gauges and from my AEM WB to an add a circuit and added a 10amp fuse, I finished everything today and went for a ride, the gauges light up great and everything. I still have to go to the shop and get the bung welded in but everything is wired and ready to go. The AEM WB turns on ok and looks great, I still have to see when I add the sensor.

I have two cobra pumps in my car and my fuel pressure gauge says 30psi at idle, at half throttle it moves up to 40psi, I have not tested it at WOT but do the numbers seem ok?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts