Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been messing with this gauge and I can not figure out how to setup the wideband. I have it hooked up correctly for the wideband just cant get it to show. I cant find the instructions for it either. Help is greatly appreciated and reps will be given. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question, where did you tap into the headers for the o2 bung? Im half tempted to just use one of the rear o2 holes but im not sure if that would cause a delay in the reading
I welded the bung right passed the header on the beginning of my hpipe right before the cats on the drivers side.

I believe If you use one of the 02 it would be fine. If I remember correctly the wideband gauge my bro has gave him an adapter or something so he could put his sensor in the 02 hole. I believe Ill have to check with him to confirm though.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The a/f widband kit is on the way. How much for the gauge?
Oh alright I don't know I gotta see if I can figure it out. Just frustrated ha. If I do decide to get rid of it ill you know though.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you calibrate the sensor? I had to do that on mine but I don't have a aeroforce
Yes I did try that and it didnt change anything.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody tried anything else with this gauge? I have inserted the slope and intercepter at the numbers the instructions say to and the a/f isnt showing correct numbers like I would think it should. The numbers seem to be really rich. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Did you calibrate the sensor in free air? I know they say it can be done after the engine has been off for an hour or more, however free air calibration is the best way. You can remove the sensor--or use a "cheat" by blocking the throttle open, plugging one tail pipe with a rag an connecting a shop-vac to the other. Let the vacuum run for 3 or 4 minutes then do the calibration.

On any four cylinder or better engine there will always be one or more intake valves partially open. The vacuum will pull fresh air through the engine and exhaust allowing a good calibration of the sensor...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Mine you had to take it out of the bung to calibrate, had to disconnect it turn the power on so a error appeared, then plug the sensor in while its in mid air and not in pipe,turn power on it would calibrate. Then put it in the bung and bingo done

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have calibrated many WB systems (Haltech, Innovate and others) that specified free air calibration, by both removing the sensor and using the shop-vac, with no accuracy issues of any sort--and it beats the crap out of crawling under the car and pulling/reinstalling the sensor...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I calibrated it the car didnt run for about 2 hours. I will have to try one of those 2 tricks this weekend. When calibrating it. Is it just push the button and let off? or do I hold the button for a few seconds?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
When I calibrated it the car didnt run for about 2 hours. I will have to try one of those 2 tricks this weekend. When calibrating it. Is it just push the button and let off? or do I hold the button for a few seconds?
I'm betting you press it and hold it for 3 seconds, just like it says in the instructions:

"6. Prior to use, the controller/sensor must be calibrated. Press and hold the button on the controller for 3 seconds to calibrate. The output will go to 5v (will read 19.8 A/F on the Interceptor if conversion coefficients have been entered during this process). See calibration schedule for details."

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm betting you press it and hold it for 3 seconds, just like it says in the instructions:

"6. Prior to use, the controller/sensor must be calibrated. Press and hold the button on the controller for 3 seconds to calibrate. The output will go to 5v (will read 19.8 A/F on the Interceptor if conversion coefficients have been entered during this process). See calibration schedule for details."
Thanks I completely skipped over the first half of that ha.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I tried your trick with calibrating the A/F today with the shop vac. It did not work. The gauge did not jump up to 19.8 like the instructions say it should. It just stayed at the numbers there were already on the gauge.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I tried your trick with calibrating the A/F today with the shop vac. It did not work. The gauge did not jump up to 19.8 like the instructions say it should. It just stayed at the numbers there were already on the gauge.
I would suspect then that there is something wrong with the WB controller and/or wiring. Do you have a multimeter? If so you can check the controller's voltage being fed to the gauge--it should be 0.0 to 5.0 V, with 5.0 V being 19.8:1 on the gauge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts