Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running one of these? And how much HP will it cover with 340 I think its lph or maybe gallons

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's lph. And I haven't heard much about them actually being used yet as they are still rather new.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i'm also interested. wonder if they'll feed my blown, cammed built motor car. hmmm....

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
is it a replacement for the 255 lph?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Anyone know what blown power level it will work to?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd be weary of trying to use it in the returnless setting because I know it's for sure it is return system safe but no idea about returnless.

And blown power should probably be in the realms of probably 500rwhp or so.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I believe they made it for returnless as well.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be strictly swapping my stock out one for the aeromotive. and modifications right now is just a blower

·
Registered
205 Posts
Call aeromotive and ask if you can use it for returnless systems.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
It was made for a returnless.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Umm...read the application list. It's made for return systems. Not returnless. It's a direct replacement in 96-97 mustang gt's which are return from the factory.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ive spoke to somebody at Aeromotive about them and they are only made for the Foxes and 96-97 direct replacement.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That blows. What would it take to make my car returnless or a alternative pump to get that will handle around 375HP

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Going to a return system is expensive, but you can find some sweet setups here:
1998-2004 Ford Mustang Fuel Systems - Glenn's Performance

For if you decide to go with a returnless system:
I think the GT supercar pump and a BAP might just make it to 375, although you may want to go with dual pumps...

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
they are brand new (i think put on the market at the end of february). it's 340lph at 40psi which is no joke. what are you thinking as far as modifications goes?

Lower the pressure when tested the lower the actual output. The GT pump is 310 but at 60psi so at 40psi its close to 350 lph.

I think the walbro 255 is tested at 30psi to get its 255 rating. Our cars idle at 40psi and for me will go to at least 60psi at wot. That's allowing one exta pound of fuel pressure for each pound of boost.

I know a fuel pump from 40 to 80psi loses about 40% of its output. So the Walbro at 60 psi would put out at least 30-35% less fuel. So 170ish lph at 60 psi?

·
Registered
205 Posts
make sure you click the right one. one of them is indeed designed for returnless systems.
No it is not. There are only 3 versions for the pump, and that is to make them useable through a wider range of return applications. The only difference is the inlet/outlet configurations, not the style fuel system it is compatible with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts