Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, ive been thinking about this all day at work. I was going to go with a 2.5" blower pulley with a stock size crank for about 18-20 psi. I really dont want belt slip and ive been reading i most likely will get it with a 2.5" pulley even with an 8 rib belt, 3 bolt tensioner, and bgg gripper plate. Well, I wanna find a 7.5" (15%) overdrive damper instead. Except, the only ones i can seem to find are $400+ which is rediculous. I see that professional products make a 7.5" 8 rib for 3v and was wondering if that woud fit our cars? Professional Products PowerForce Plus Harmonic Dampers 90040 - SummitRacing.com. any other options or links would be awesome

·
Registered
223 Posts
Horror stories

Have you upgraded your oil pump? I wanted to do an underdrive until I searched and read what they can do to your oil pump.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Innovators west is high quality material, Why would you want to go cheap on the one part that rides on the Crank of your motor which basically controlls your entire engine. Spend the money it is money well spent. I dont understand why folks are so reluctant to spend this money when you can pickup 2-4 PSI which means 30-60RWHP show me another MOD for 400$ that you can pickup this much RWHP. I got the best deal on my balancer from Kurgan Motorsports. each 1PSI can yield around 15 RWHP so it is the cheapest Mod that I know of.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thats the one i am gonna go with. Just trying to find out if there is anythjng else out there. $400 for one pulley is crazy imo but if its the best option i have for the money then that what ill go with

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
flyin hawaiin is right not only is it a pulley it is a lightweight balancer. I wish i would have weighed the both of them so I would have known how much rotating mass weight the innovators eliminated from my Crank. It is a good balancer and power adder you cannot go wrong. If I knew for a fact that the 15% would work with my setup would have it upgraded in January instead of dropping pulley sizes.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I don't remember if its the 15% or 18% OD pulley that requires the use of an electric water pump without the idler pulley.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I have a 2000 GT which has the water pump pulley which is not lipped, Looks like I am getting ready to research this.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what ive read. 15% is equal to a 7.5" crank. That is the biggest you can get without switching to a electric water pump. I know for a fact that a 7.5" crank with a 2.75" snout pulley mine should be 18-20psi which ill be fine with

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
525 Posts
I have a 2000 GT which has the water pump pulley which is not lipped, Looks like I am getting ready to research this.

could you please explain why a "lipped or non-lipped" water pump pulley would matter in this situation. thank you.
what years had or didnt have the lip? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
from what I understand the lipped water pump pulley is bigger then the non lipped which the 99-00 motors came with. the extra circumference interferes with running anything larger then a 10% overdrive Crank Pulley without going to a electric waterpump. On the 99-00 mustangs the short pump with the non lipped water pump pulley dont have this issue.

I appologize I was thinking about the Windsor motors which came in the 99-00 mustang GT, not the water pumps and their pullies

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I do not think you can run my style pulley without changing out the water pump as well. Im not familiar with your style pump and pulley because i have only had to deal with my style.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
99-00 shouldve been the same
Thats what I thought but they are the same as far as the motors go They have the 8 bolt crank windsor style motors and heads, But there is a difference between the external water pumps from what I have been reading, I am looking around trying to pull up some information on the differences between the 99 and 00-04 water pumps and pullies.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol. So am i. I really want that 15% but i suppose whats 1/4" difference gonna actually do. It cant drop boost by more than 1 psi if that. Ill probably just go with the 10%

1 - 20 of 37 Posts