Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 87' Mustang Gt Hatch and i was woundering what springs and struts and springs i should get ( with your segestion and help b/c i know nothing about them ).
They all need to be replaced ( Front and back ) and i was looking for something that is at least decent but most importantly affordable and not too expensive. I know nothing about either really and i dunno if 50/50 is good for struts or what it even means, so i was hoping you guys knew of some decent ones that arnt too costly.
And for the springs the same thing goes really, i dont know much and was looking for something that is affordable. Another question that this brings up is i dont want to lower my car much, if at all b/c i wanted to get some 5 lug 17x8 rims front and back and i dont want to have ant clearence issues. Will i with 17x8s? i want to be able to turn and not hit my front fender or anything and i would maybe like to lower but can i? And will the tires rub or will they be ok? But if i did lower i dont think i would want to go anymore than 1 inch, if at all. So yeah sorry this is so long but what are good affordable springs and struts, and will my 17x8's rub on the fender or anything if i lower it?
Thanks for any help guys, again sorry for the long post. And if this matters this is only going to be a street car, no drag, if that makes a diff. Thanks for the help any/everyone! - The Novice.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any recommendations or profured companies that are affordable? Please help, i dont know much about this stuff....:sorry

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Depends on how long you plan to keep your car on the ground.....

QA1*****
Eibach**
Strange****
Ford Racing*

Push for adjustable coilovers from QA1 if you can If not, go with Eibach and then get Strange double adjustable shocks. You will have the tightest suspension with room to move around and adjust.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ya mean?
Its jacked up at the moment and will be for a while, the Engine is out, if that what ya mean...if not im sure i just sounded really retarted hah.

·
Registered
82 Posts
mustangs unlimited has has a street suspension package that comes with 1 1/2" Eibach lowering springs and KYB shocks and struts. this is the setup that is on my car and it works pretty well

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
"Hey guys i have a 87' Mustang Gt Hatch and i was woundering what springs and struts and springs i should get ( with your segestion and help b/c i know nothing about them )."

Depends on how long you plan to keep your car on the ground..... (Meaning how cheap or how much you are willing to spend on good suspension)

QA1*****
Eibach**
Strange****
Ford Racing*

Push for adjustable coilovers from QA1 if you can If not, go with Eibach and then get Strange double adjustable shocks. You will have the tightest suspension with room to move around and adjust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts