Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just looking for a little extra HP, nothing major and i was thinking of a supercharger. Do you guys know of any that arnt too exspencive or are reasonably priced? This will be a street car, but i just wanted to at a little more HP to it, again doesnt have to be much, any info would help. Also what about remanufactored or slightly used Superchargers? Let me know what ya think and/ if there are any Co. or deals ya know of for a little S/C and minor HP gain. Thanks guys. -The Novice.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Hey guys i was just looking for a little extra HP, nothing major and i was thinking of a supercharger. Do you guys know of any that arnt too exspencive or are reasonably priced? This will be a street car, but i just wanted to at a little more HP to it, again doesnt have to be much, any info would help. Also what about remanufactored or slightly used Superchargers? Let me know what ya think and/ if there are any Co. or deals ya know of for a little S/C and minor HP gain. Thanks guys. -The Novice.
nitrous no s/c is cheap

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im kinda leary about Nitrous and screwing up my car, ive seen some bad things happen. Plus they are like $800 or so a kit, then how much to refill, isnt it alot?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I spent about $3k total on my procharger used. That includes the head unit, piping, 12-rib pulleys, renegade bracket, votech mini race bypass, power pipe, silicone hoses, 12 rib belt, and hardware ($2500), having the head unit rebuilt (paid for by the guy I bought it from after some debate), FMU used with calibration disks ($80), walbro external pump -6AN line ($200), electric fan and thermostat ($100), few other odds and ends ($120).

Another $400 will be spent on dyno time at anderson ford motorsports next tuesday.

Vortech V-1 kits are pretty cheap.
Vortech 4FA218-018 - Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - summitracing.com

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Im kinda leary about Nitrous and screwing up my car, ive seen some bad things happen. Plus they are like $800 or so a kit, then how much to refill, isnt it alot?
Nitrous is if anything less dangerous when used properly. You can get a reasonable kit, up to 150 hp for under $400. Bottle fills are usually about $40 around here, at 100 hp you can make about 10 passes before you need to refill.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spent about $3k total on my procharger used. That includes the head unit, piping, 12-rib pulleys, renegade bracket, votech mini race bypass, power pipe, silicone hoses, 12 rib belt, and hardware ($2500), having the head unit rebuilt (paid for by the guy I bought it from after some debate), FMU used with calibration disks ($80), walbro external pump -6AN line ($200), electric fan and thermostat ($100), few other odds and ends ($120).

Another $400 will be spent on dyno time at anderson ford motorsports next tuesday.

Vortech V-1 kits are pretty cheap.
Vortech 4FA218-018 - Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - summitracing.com
So did your kit come with all of that or did ya have to buy some stuff seperate? I clicked on your Vortech link there and saw its about $2,100.00 For it. What all would i need to buy extra? ( b/c i was looking at that one)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
for that kit to run 6PSI, I don't think you need anything else other than a decent high pressure intank pump

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
So did your kit come with all of that or did ya have to buy some stuff seperate? I clicked on your Vortech link there and saw its about $2,100.00 For it. What all would i need to buy extra? ( b/c i was looking at that one)
As I stated I spent about $3K on everything, most of the parts were used besides the fuel pumps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts