·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yeah to big for the stock reliefs

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so my friend driving around with these exact heads is hitting the valves huh???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

quote from the description

Note: 1986 5.0L must have pistons notched for clearance

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
the 185cc are like 2:02 intake..which dont work with stock relief..either ur friend doesnt know what size heads he has. or he has piston work that you dont know about

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
165cc ones would work fine

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
You sound like it.
yeah make fun of someones age..do that its real smart..i know jordan on here whos 16 knows alot more than 80% of this site..and i know damn well i know more than most myself and im 18..so age has a little to do with it..but he is right..185cc heads from AFR are like 2.02 intake which is to big for the stock relief..the only 2.02 out there that works with the stock relief is trick flow's twisted wedge and there only like 175cc..but its cuz of that twisted wedge design..

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah make fun of someones age..do that its real smart..i know jordan on here whos 16 knows alot more than 80% of this site..and i know damn well i know more than most myself and im 18..so age has a little to do with it..but he is right..185cc heads from AFR are like 2.02 intake which is to big for the stock relief..the only 2.02 out there that works with the stock relief is trick flow's twisted wedge and there only like 175cc..but its cuz of that twisted wedge design..
Its the way the valves are positioned on the wedge heads thats why they are the only heads on the market with 2.02 valves that will work

the 86 has flat tops so it is a must to have valve reliefs,and a little info to you the stock pistons are cut for a 1.94 1.54 valve and are not big enough for 2.02 valves.And as for your friend there is no way he prolly has the 165's

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
When did I insult his intelligence because of his age? Ohh **** I never did, or when did I make fun of his age. I'm 18 and this kid I can all ready tell knows more than I. He put in his input then made the remark that he's and 16 and what would he know. I'm just saying it was good proof to back up his age.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k k ill double check but 185 is stamped on the ****ing heads, a cam with more lift and duration might make a problem but ill double check with him

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
so my friend driving around with these exact heads is hitting the valves huh???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

quote from the description

Note: 1986 5.0L must have pistons notched for clearance
Your friend has AFR 165 heads. 185s don't work with stock 5 liter pistons. 72cc combustion chambers are going to kill performance too.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Either way, do what you want. I personally would buy a set of CNC 185 Twisted Wedge heads that would put a hurting those AFR 185 heads.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
goddam it if darrel says it its true. like that time he said im hung

·
Registered
91 Posts
k k ill double check but 185 is stamped on the ****ing heads, a cam with more lift and duration might make a problem but ill double check with him
The point we are trying to get across if you dont like what we have to say,then learn on your own.Its not like we would tell you anything that was not true just to piss you off,we are here to help!

if you dont like what we are telling you then LIVE AND LEARN.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The point we are trying to get across if you dont like what we have to say,then learn on your own.

LIVE AND LEARN
not trying to be a dick or anything, just going by what my friend said. i saw the heads before he put them on and goddam the valves were huge, he said they had 185 stamped but hes obviously wrong

1 - 20 of 62 Posts