Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 2 years I finally get to see my cobra back all in one piece!!! Some may remember that about 2 year ago, a guy blew a red light and ripped my front end off. Here's the thread:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/446690-crashed-cobra.html

So tonight at 8 I finally get to drive it home with a fresh paint job and body work. I haven't seen it yet but the guy said it came out great. I will be posting pics when I get it but I'm kinda slow so it might take a little bit and be **** phone pictures.

I can finally start working on getting my SRA swap and procharger done! Hopefully it won't be another 2 years until that's done! So excited!

·
Registered
437 Posts
2 years is a long time unless you decided to take the money and do the work yourself. Plus the statute of limitations for personal injury is over. So insurance and the guy no longer have to pay any money.

Anyway post up some photos.

Also I'll donate my solid rear axle for an irs

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys I ended up going later then expected. I already had the insurance money. It told so long becy a sade I waited a year until bring it too the shop and then apparently the primer was bad and the paint wouldn't stick and it was at the frame shop for two months, etc issue after issue really but I don't drive in winter with it so I was more lenient.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as mint as I expected. The hood is not alined right, the bumper is off on the right side where it meets the fender, and has a lot of orange peel in the hood even though he said he buffed it. Also there's some smaller things like he went through in one spot, the front bumper isn't painted good on the sides, and he didn't take the doors off so there's some rust under them still. Needless to say I'm going to talk to him today and I'll have pics when I get out of work.

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

2 years is a long time unless you decided to take the money and do the work yourself. Plus the statute of limitations for personal injury is over. So insurance and the guy no longer have to pay any money.

Anyway post up some photos.

Also I'll donate my solid rear axle for an irs
Where are you located?

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Wow that sucks. There are two shops I've had experience around by me and their body work is phenomenal. One shop we take everything to for insurance jobs. Usually comes back looking better than nnew. Other shop did the paint job on my buddies old vw. He did all the bodywork and they made it look amazing. All I hear from people are stories of crappy body work.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, unfortunately I'm another victim of this. I will post pictures of the car and of the problems around 2ish hopefully. I didn't take it a a shop. It was a friend of someone I know. The guy did his chevelle and it came out very good but apparently he just tried to rush it out because he had it too long.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
good body work is hard to find. I was unhappy with the shop I had do some previous work. Dropped it off at a place an hour away yesterday to get my hood and front bumper painted.
Everyone swears by this guy so hopefully it turns out good.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/e-green99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160329_131544_zpssmx9wkqv.jpg.html?filters[/url][user]=134423221&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11

These are only ones I can get in a picture really. I'm sorry for the terrible quality but I don't have an actual camera. I also can't take pictures of the orange peel and some of there other stuff because it wouldn't come out in a photo. The paint itself isn't bad like I said just the body work and missed spots that I thought he would have did.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure how to fix my pictures. If someone could tell me how to that be great. I just used the little paper icon that puts you url in between

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Has to be a direct link to the image. Right click where you uploaded it and click open in new tab if you can and then copy that address. Or just right click image and click copy address

·
Registered
437 Posts
haha yeah nice to see someone from around here. It's still snowing in Erie. Global warming :screwy: not around here. Some people are starting to drive their cars on the nice days though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts