Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
u/d pullies
or start saving for somthing biger (i.e. s/c, turbo, power pack, or built moter)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
!!!!! good idea but i plan on staying NA or going with a positive displacement SC but thats down the line a bit...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmmm pullys, would an overdrive on the alt decrease the power gain i would see from the underdrive pully? i have a big sub but i may take it out or not play it with the lights on or something lol

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
!!!!! good idea but i plan on staying NA or going with a positive displacement SC but thats down the line a bit...
then start saving up for a power pack or built moter.
but you could look in to trany mods, aluminum drive shaft.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
mmmm pullys, would an overdrive on the alt decrease the power gain i would see from the underdrive pully? i have a big sub but i may take it out or not play it with the lights on or something lol
a over drive will stille net you a gain in power to the wheels just not as much, and it will keep you from under charging.

also if you are gana go s/c u/d puillys are nota good idea.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eventually i want to get an m112 adapter from SSMS and run a kb at 9psi or so. so is there anything a can do before that? cam, lifters, springs, and pushrods and what not?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
eventually i want to get an m112 adapter from SSMS and run a kb at 9psi or so. so is there anything a can do before that? cam, lifters, springs, and pushrods and what not?
ya build your engin, forged internals ect. i know the stock botom end can handle 9 psi with out a problom, however i don't think you will be at that for long, when a simpe pully swap and tune will inmprove it nicaly.

als oas i said tranny and drive line mods.
do you have a auto or stick

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a stick, and the clutch is approaching its last few months, so i was looking into a new clutch and possibly an aluminum flywheel but i havent really decided on anything yet.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i have a stick, and the clutch is approaching its last few months, so i was looking into a new clutch and possibly an aluminum flywheel but i havent really decided on anything yet.
a aluminum fly wheel is very good, frees up some good hp and a aluminum drive shaft also helps with that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, do you have any recommendations for flywheel and clutch. and does anyone make an aluminum drive shaft for the v6 or is that some i need custom made?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yeah, do you have any recommendations for flywheel and clutch. and does anyone make an aluminum drive shaft for the v6 or is that some i need custom made?
chris just got a aluminum fly wheel so you may want to ask him
and the gt drive shafts fit our cars as well, i think all you need to do is swap the yoaks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how noticeably do the sub frame connectors effect the cars handling? and do the have bolt on ones or is it just weld them on?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
how noticeably do the sub frame connectors effect the cars handling? and do the have bolt on ones or is it just weld them on?
they have both for subfram conecters

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
sfc are a VERY good mod. you will notice them easily.

your handling will improve pretty damn well.
I believe that it's a must on any mustang.. especially verts.

also.. weld them on..

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
sfc are a VERY good mod. you will notice them easily.

your handling will improve pretty damn well.
I believe that it's a must on any mustang.. especially verts.

also.. weld them on..
+1 welded ones will give you a better result

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright. i dont know how to weld myself but i can find someone to do it... looks like its lowering springs and subframe connectors for now.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts