Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... My factory battery died. :(

And it was 100 bucks to replace it. :shiftyeyes

So, 99-04 Owners, how long (if applicable) did your Original battery last you? :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
It happens.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah mines still going fine, its an 03 with 93k miles.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
mines still going 8 years strong too

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
My car has a battery?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I replaced two original tires on my 84 VW last year. Can't say what the longest I've had a battery though.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I replaced two original tires on my 84 VW last year. Can't say what the longest I've had a battery though.
That's either extremely dangerous or...

yeah I think that's the only possibility.

:lol

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That's either extremely dangerous or...

yeah I think that's the only possibility.

:lol
It was. One blew out and since the other was the same type I replaced them both. After talking to my Dad (I bought it from him) he said that he had never replaced those 2 tires and he bought the van when it was only 4 years old. He had said that they guy he bought it from (the original owner when he bought) hadn't replaced the tires yet.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
well mine was stolen so hard to tell haha

getting a new one from Advance AutoParts for 93 bucks!

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Some one said has 8 hampsters. Is that right? Oh wait thats SRT-- Special Rodent Team. damn. Guess I have a battery :(

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Mine lasted 2yrs, got a new one it lasted 1yr and spit acid on my left front panel and ate 5 spots of paint away.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think my stocker lasted 7 years. That being said, maybe its a good lasting battery. Idk how the aftermarket batteries hold up over time, but as far as starting and cold starts their are lots of better batteries.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Mine is still going after 8years.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
well i have no way of knowing for sure but my motorcraft one that is in there now which appears to be stock is now over 11 years old.

·
Registered
487 Posts
wow I'm lucky to get two years out of a battery...Maybe its the the Phoenix heat.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
6.5 years and 45000 miles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts