Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone provide me with wiring info for a 2011 GT.

I am installing the GSM-31-RFID, Remote Start, Push Button Start, Alarm system.

I had a local shop install the unit and they sucked. some options don't work.

I think I have figured out some of the wiring, but could use clarification.

Also they have a few wires hooked up that confuse me.

In the SJB (Passenger side) Grey Plug, They have sliced into the Solid White wire and then the Purple/Green wire, and they are linked together and then running somewhere to the alarm. why would they be linked together and what are the original wires for?

I am looking for the wiring for the Window up (Driver and Passenger side) and is it - or + trigger.

Is there a hood trigger wire? (to tell if the hood is open or not)
Is there a trunk trigger wire? (to tell if the trunk is open or not)

Where is the Door trigger wire (to tell if the door is open or not)

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya believe me I have went through them and I don't understand them. Really confused.

Thanks for the link even though I already had it. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude that would be amazing. I have found some info, but still does not make sense to me. I will try and upload what I have found later and how the current install is

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Sorry it took so long, but I needed to find a little time.

The two wires they have tied together are the door trigger wires. There should be two diodes (one on each) to isolate them from the other.

For a trunk trigger, use the white/blue wire at the trunk light, and is (-) trigger.

There is no hood trigger.

For window control, it gets tricky. You will need to supply the window motors with +12v on the blue wire before any other action. Then the left window up is blue/grey, down is yellow/violet. right window up is brown/yellow, down is green/orange. all five of those wires can be found at the drivers window switch, and are +12v. After you do what you are doing to the windows, the blue wire can be unpowered.

Hope this all helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I have been so busy I have not had a chance to do much. Been remodeling my bathroom now. Hopefully this weekend I can have a look at my car. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Door trigger wires, are they a (-) line or a (+) line as the Diodes are set up as if they were positive, if they are negative would the Diode not need to be turned to work for a Negative line? OR am I missing something hear?

I think I have everything else figured out!

Thanks!

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Door trigger should be a (-). Stripe of the diode should be facing the door trigger wire, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aw that is what I thought. I found out for negative the line yes need to face the trigger wire not the alarm door trigger wire. As that would be the direction the power would travel down the line.

Thanks for all your help. Now to fix a water leek my windshield has that I found today due to the bad weather we have been having. Floor and relay box area is wet. Awwww. Time to call in the window guy back.

Anyways. Thanks a million!

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Before you do that, remove the cowl panel on the passenger side, and make sure there's no standing water in the valley area. If there is, clear the blockage at the bottom. If not, then yes, have the glass seal looked at.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes already did, everything is fine, I can tell where the water is coming from, passenger top left of windshield. Fist time it has rained since I was replaced. And the car has just been sitting in my driveway the last week. Placed blue tape around windshield outside until bad weather is done and glass people can come out and fix it. use air hose to make sure all areas around fuse box are dry, I can see where the water was travailing, luckily no direct water was on the box, just running down the side away from it.

Flooring was wet so I peeled it back to let it dry, also sprayed so anti mold on it just to be safe. Once bad weather stops I can finish my wiring job. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts