Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching but can't seem to find a straight answer. I just want to get a replacement radio with an iPod aux jack from Crutchfield. Will the harness they offer allow me to hook everything up no problem to my Mach system. I believe I have the regular Mach 460, not the top of the line one for 2002, with the in dash 6 CD changer.

I'm just looking for the easiest and cheapest way to go, stock speakers are fine, I just want the iPod option and a CD player that actually works. Lol

Thanks guys.

·
_
3,787 Posts
Yup, when you make the order, be sure to specifiy exactly what kind of car and stereo you have so taht way they can send you the right harness.

If you have the mach 460 (eaiest way to tell is look for the doors corner speakers) Crutchfield will send you a harness that comes with a second adaptor that connects the stock amps to the new headunits L/R cables.

Btw, if you search hard enough, some headunits will come with an ipod cable built in or even bluetooth too listen to music wirelessly from your ipod.....touch? :p

·
Registered
889 Posts
MineralGT, I have a pretty awesome headunit that I am not using anymore because I upgraded to a touch screen Double din but was running excellent. I was going to sell it to my friend who has a 2000 Mustang but she ended up selling the car and I bought pretty much all the parts needed to install the thing for her (I think they may have changed some things around 2001 or 2002) but either way, it is the CD PLAYER im talking a bout here.

I even have the iPOD integration cable that I will throw in for free if you are interested.

This is the unit I speak of Pioneer Premier DEH-P590ib
Pioneer DEH-P590iB (dehp590ib) CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with Remote

If you are interested, message me here or PM me. I even have speakers etc if you ended up wanting to change them out along with the speaker harnesses (I'm telling you I got most of the stuff!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts