Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall some people said it was useless for a stock GT, or something like that. What about a cammed one?

Now i know that HiTech's are better for stock unported heads, but what about an aftermarket intake manifold?

any ideas? I've been reading this article.

That engine is on an engine dyno, hence the high numbers.

Ford Engine Performance - Crower Cams - Torque - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
wait to see how the new BBK manifold does. its a dual stage manifold with butterfly valves. valve open up at low RPM giving you long, low end power runners. at high RPM the valves close to give you shorter high end power runners. cool design, but not on the market just yet. over a years worth of delays...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
brian at BBK has told me a few times that even with their earlier designs for the dual stage manifold they outperformed the trickflow... just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
the trick flow is nice though. u may wanna look into it. youd be better off saving up for a FI setup, nitrous, cams, etc.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
hitech = garbage.....UNLESS key word here *UNLESSS* you simply want a cam for a little more performance, a slight lope sound, and to say "i have a cam with some little mickey mouse bolt ons that barley make any power* If I were you id take that money you want to put towards an intake manifold and get some valve springs as well if youre balls deep on the hitechs. Or better yet get you some cams for your future plans.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
there is the trickflow intake manifold and i guess its designed to resemble the bullit manifold and you could get some gains there but i dont think its worth it either. just save for supercharger or turbo.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already bought the hitechs and valvesprigs. I don't plan on going too far out with this car, like heads or FI, I just want some more power.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Makes sense. Thats a good thing you got some springs :D. The intake manifold isnt a bad idea but at the same time for what you plan to do it prolly wouldnt be worth it....in the sense that you could put that money towards doing other things that would benefit you more than an intake manifold considering the price.

If I were you id put the money towards a plenum/tb, mmr cam gear spacers, new valve stem seals to go with your spring install (very cheap and worth it while youre in there). Then again thats just my opinion since I think the factory intake manifold will suffice for what you have done.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
hitech = garbage.....UNLESS key word here *UNLESSS* you simply want a cam for a little more performance, a slight lope sound, and to say "i have a cam with some little mickey mouse bolt ons that barley make any power* If I were you id take that money you want to put towards an intake manifold and get some valve springs as well if youre balls deep on the hitechs. Or better yet get you some cams for your future plans.
:spankit

the hitechs consistently make more power on a stock set up than any other cam. they make more torque at a lower rpm, keep it pouring on longer as well. they make damn good power on a built set up as well. barely make any more power? how the hell you figure? hitech is the only cam manufature that pulled their head out their ass and actually designed a cam that is set up and based around the 4.6 2v head. they use the strength of the head and know what the weak points are as well.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they make power in built set ups too? i keep hearing that they're better for stock heads and stuff. Man i'm confused.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
probably not. I'm just gonna get the cams installed then i see LT's and a TB/plenum in the future for my car. Then maybe when i get a better job or win a scratch off, i'll get them ported. Which reminds me, i need to buy scratch off tickets.

Either way, i like having the option of adding more power later. For a day, i thought i was stuck with these cams that will prevent me from getting more power in the future.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I'm with Jakashh, I thought the HiTechs were only made to work well with the stock heads and not much else. Good info Sweet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trick Flow Track Heat Manifold

This manifold is awsome. :D I just put one on my 04 GT. Looks great and man what an increase in power through out the power bands. Really wakes up the lower end and second gear. I have an auto with 4:10, diablo tuner, custom tune by Tim at MPR. CAI K&N, Steeda Pullies, Trick flow upper and lower intake manifold and plenum, MAC Throttle body, Magnaflow Magna pack exhaust from H pipe back to 3" tips. The car had all this before the manifold. Once the manifold was installed, :eek: OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY!!!! You will not be disapointed!!!! Trust me!!! Next comes ATI procharger, stage 2 patriot heads, custom swing out 6 point cage, forged heads and rods, eibach springs, eibach struts and sway bars front and rear, stabilizers in the rear, maybe a torque converter and Staggered 18's front 255 rear 265.:cool:

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
this bitch ^^^^^^^^^^ is got his **** together.

i want to replace my Intake as well but i dont plan on gettin cams till WAY down the road, no pun intended. is a aftermarket manifold worth the money without cams?
im also a little confused about this too

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^from what i've heard, no. It's not worth it without cams. Less you have a high revver. But i'm no mechanic.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the hitechs are based to work on an unported head, and thats why they are so good compared to others on a stock head. you guys think the performance is going to go to crap if you run their cams after you port a head???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts