Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering what kind of cams I should get, either aftermarket or PI. I'm a broke ass college student so I'm leaning more towards the PI cams haha. I plan on getting boosted in a year so that is why I'm not going with the PI head swap.

Pretty much just wondering your guys' input. Also how much hp/tq should the PI cams give me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i put down 278 rwhp / 295 rwtq after my PI swap with stock PI cams

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
am i missing something? that doesn't seem possible unless Jesus degreed them himself...

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
the extra 20rwhp he's got....

but i mean, thinking about it more, if he's got the cam's degreed, and he's one **** of a driver with a nasty tune, hell i could see those times and numbers..... but ****, like i said, Jesus must have his hand in things...

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
No doubt rags. I could see crank hp being that high for a pi swap considering the compression bump but rwhp is hard to believe with no other mods.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Nevermind. He has some pretty decent supporting mods. Looks like a full bolt on with gears and exhaust to support the pi swap. That's a great build for an n/a engine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the extra 20rwhp he's got....

but i mean, thinking about it more, if he's got the cam's degreed, and he's one **** of a driver with a nasty tune, hell i could see those times and numbers..... but ****, like i said, Jesus must have his hand in things...
No i'm not the best driver but i try. I am trying to post my dyno sheet and timeslips but its not letting me they need to be resized. My dyno sheet is posted here PI swap finshed dyno numbers - Ford Mustang Forums

4/10/2011
12:31 PM
Numidia Dragway

60' 1.825
330' 5.395
1/8 8.357
MPH 83.35
1000' 10.920
1/4 13.074
MPH 104.66

I love haters! Don't be jealous cuz Jesus loves all of us.:p

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering what kind of cams I should get, either aftermarket or PI. I'm a broke ass college student so I'm leaning more towards the PI cams haha. I plan on getting boosted in a year so that is why I'm not going with the PI head swap.

Pretty much just wondering your guys' input. Also how much hp/tq should the PI cams give me? Thanks in advance.
Most reports I have read say you can expect about 15rwhp from switching to PI cams. On my PI swapped car I picked up another 38 RWHP when I went to Comp 270's over stock PI cams. One thing to consider is whether or not you plan to change valve springs. Its a real PITA to do in the car and with the PI cams it shouldn't really be neccessary. However if you go to forced induction and aftermarket cams you aftermarket valve springs will be a must.

No i'm not the best driver but i try. I am trying to post my dyno sheet and timeslips but its not letting me they need to be resized. My dyno sheet is posted here PI swap finshed dyno numbers - Ford Mustang Forums

4/10/2011
12:31 PM
Numidia Dragway

60' 1.825
330' 5.395
1/8 8.357
MPH 83.35
1000' 10.920
1/4 13.074
MPH 104.66

I love haters! Don't be jealous cuz Jesus loves all of us.:p
I'm not hating but your trap speed and dyno numbes don't really jive. With that sort of power you should see more like 107 or 108 mph in the quarter. I bet on a dynojet you would see about 260 RWHP.

Just another example why dyno numbers really don't mean all that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts