Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the input all. I'd want something oem looking that reclines. Looks like the sports is what I'll budget for. I work with a lot of parts places too like lkq so maybe I'll luck out.

So hard to decide what seats to get... I have an 02 GT and the seats need help in a bad way. Was going to buy Cobra seats but am going back and forth between the Corbeau F1X Pro's and Cobra seats... Back seat is perfect and I need to be able to let the kids in/out of the back seat so no fixed back for me. Let's see some pics of everyones seat swaps.

Don't get anything "racing" they are all cheap and uncomfortable for any extended driving. With a manual car they really blow. I was looking into the Kirkey seats as I have sat in them and actually really liked them but you need a seat bar installed for them.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Imo our stock seats are more comfortable than 05+ seats except maybe 15+ seats.
I haven't felt other years but i know I'll hate to lose all the auto features going aftermarket. On the other end my seats are almost 20 years old and black leather in a black car in Florida. They look rough. The back seats are pristine though.

I haven't felt other years but i know I'll hate to lose all the auto features going aftermarket. On the other end my seats are almost 20 years old and black leather in a black car in Florida. They look rough. The back seats are pristine though.
Same haha! I would highly recommend sitting in other, newer mustangs before swapping their seats in. The seats in my 07 arent bad but the leather is terrible compared to my 02, quality wise, the seats are hard, the side bolsters dont hold me, granted I dont weigh much and Im thin, and the headrests on the 05-09 seats suck because they are non tilting and point forward. If I sit with my back flush on the seat the headrest makes me bend my neck so Im looking down lol. Sure they sell tilting headrests but its just another expense.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Same haha! I would highly recommend sitting in other, newer mustangs before swapping their seats in. The seats in my 07 arent bad but the leather is terrible compared to my 02, quality wise, the seats are hard, the side bolsters dont hold me, granted I dont weigh much and Im thin, and the headrests on the 05-09 seats suck because they are non tilting and point forward. If I sit with my back flush on the seat the headrest makes me bend my neck so Im looking down lol. Sure they sell tilting headrests but its just another expense.
Good insight I appreciate it. I will say for being black and 20 years old (okay tech 18 but I'm rounding up) in Florida they aren't bad but to my OCD eye they look bad. I totally redid my interior and it's the main thing holding me back.

Next is paint (black paint sucks balls btw but again 18 years old in Florida) and a supercharger and I'm done with my car for a while. Just dropped a ton of money in it November doing every bolt on and suspension upgrade available for these cars short of a tubular k member.

I keep telling myself when I want to sell or scrap it...sentimental value

Ill be getting Corbeaus or if I can find a good deal a set of take-off Recaros when I find the right deal. Tilt back race seats just in case I decide that I need to put the back seat back in and take some friends out. For now I need to get into a house with more garage space so I can move the Mustang to where I'm at and get it finally up and running. Newer seats as take-offs can be a nice cheap option. If you get really lucky you might find some nice seats at a junkyard as well. My seats that I have now, the fronts are probably 6/10 Driver front, 8/10 Pass. front and 10/10 rear and I got them at a junkyard with the rest of my interior for super cheap.

Good insight I appreciate it. I will say for being black and 20 years old (okay tech 18 but I'm rounding up) in Florida they aren't bad but to my OCD eye they look bad. I totally redid my interior and it's the main thing holding me back.

Next is paint (black paint sucks balls btw but again 18 years old in Florida) and a supercharger and I'm done with my car for a while. Just dropped a ton of money in it November doing every bolt on and suspension upgrade available for these cars short of a tubular k member.

I keep telling myself when I want to sell or scrap it...sentimental value
My 00 gt was black, the Florida sun is cruel on black. You wanna see bad seats take a look at mine lol. The passenger side isnt too bad other than a hole and cracking and the drivers side is worse but still in useable shape. Ill see if I have some pics. If you were closer Id let you sit in my stang so you could check out the 05-09 interior for yourself. I love the power of the car and the interior is set up well but the seats suck and dont get me started on the stupid remote mounted shifter...

I say that about all my cars haha. I almost burned the vic to the ground because of the stupid steering box... Needless to say I changed my mind lol.

I owned a 2012 GT for a while. The seats were much more comfortable and had much more of a "touring" feel than my 03. I drove it from Missouri to Utah in two days with minimal back strain. If you can get a good price on the seats, they'd be a sensible upgrade. That's definitely the route I'll be taking when I get to that point.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.