Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the 8 point cage I was wanting to reuse the stock Roush seats to keep the stock look. The seat is just to wide

Need a seat that's about 2 inches narrower. Who makes a good light weight seat that's reasonable priced

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was just gifted some of the knock-off Bride seats that you can easily find on Ebay. Like, $350 for a set. I haven't installed them yet, but they are small and anyone with much more than a 30" waist will have a hard time fitting in them. Must be made for Asian people, and teenagers. I was surprised at the quality of construction for being knock-offs. Good value. Very narrow. I measured the width of them at the shoulders but can't remember what it was exactly, maybe 18".

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
I highly recommend cipherauto seats, the premium ones, they are the only seats I've come across so far that have some kind of road use approval. they are T.U.V. approved (Germany) which from my understanding is tougher than US D.O.T. standards. I watched a few car crashes with aftermarket reclining seats and it scared me enough to actually buy something good and not cheap. andysautosport and or carid sells them pretty cheap, I actually had those two companies out do each for price with carid being the winner, ended up buying my seats for 500ish I got them on or around black friday, http://cipherauto.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_70&product_id=137 these are the ones I picked up

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Not to thread jack but do they make a more oem looking seat that's good? I want to replace my seats due to tears and fading. Might look into reupholster to retainer power options but open to suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts

·
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker
2,575 Posts
Not to thread jack but do they make a more oem looking seat that's good? I want to replace my seats due to tears and fading. Might look into reupholster to retainer power options but open to suggestions
Perhaps look into stock Mach 1 or Bullitt or 03/04 Cobra seats. They all have far more bolstering than stock GT seats, look OEM, and are power. In the case of the Cobra seats, they have adjustable side and thigh bolsters. I have those seats in my car and think they're great. The suede inserts are nice as well.

They are heavy, however, especially the driver seat. If you are looking to shed some weight, then aftermarket is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts