Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Been looking to freshen up my interior a bit with some new seats. My interior is two-tone, so I think that getting black seats would still match up well. I was thinking about possibly going mach seats, but they're so damn expensive and hard to come by, I'm thinking about just going corbeau, can't go wrong either way right :D

Anyway, I am stuck between two styles.
Corbeau LG1 Racing Seat - Black (Set of 2) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
I like this seat for the race inspired look, and it seems like once you sit in that thing, you're not going annyyywhere.

Corbeau GTS II Racing Seat - Black (Set of 2) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Then I like this seat because it seems simple, but I think it has such a subtle classy look.

So what do you guys think?

Also, I know it says you have to buy brackets, so if anyone has any experience with either of these, do they install easily?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I like the look of the LG1. The brackets make it really simple to install, they just bolt right in. I have Recaro seats and used Corbeau brackets, had to modify them since Recaro mounting points are wider, but it wasn't too bad. You'll love bucket seats man!

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
A block of ice would be better than the OEM seats you have now, for lateral support anyway :(

I know, because the second* mod I had done to my car, as I had the exact same ones and they SUCK hard :mad: I recommend you find a set you can try to see if they are comfortable to you. Both asian and I run the Recaro "Speed" seats and love them, but not for those under the watchful eye of...

You are sportin' over a 36" waist, the "Speed" seats are not gonna be soo nice :(

Sir Digs-Corners-a-lot :)

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
:D

I really liked the fact that I could wear my helmet without compressing my neck against my convertible top after swapping the seats since the seating position is about an inch lower

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol damn, a vote for each seat! I think I am digging the LG1 a bit more though.

@Jazzer - This was me 6 months ago, and 50 pounds lighter....too much?

@Asain - For some reason every time I look at your avatar, I see a dude hanging out the drivers side window with an AK! Why is this lol.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The after market seat frames do place the seat at a lower position in the car.

If you have the skills you can buy a piece of plate steel 2 inches wide and drill the holes to match for the stock frames and aftermarket seats so you can keep your OEM seat tracks and save some money by not buying the seat rails. You will also keep your power seat functions. You just have to mount the seat controls on a bracket you can fab up yourself.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The after market seat frames do place the seat at a lower position in the car.

If you have the skills you can buy a piece of plate steel 2 inches wide and drill the holes to match for the stock frames and aftermarket seats so you can keep your OEM seat tracks and save some money by not buying the seat rails. You will also keep your power seat functions. You just have to mount the seat controls on a bracket you can fab up yourself.
You know I was thinking about doing something like that. My dads a machinist so it'd be no problem doing a little bit of fab work. It would be pretty cool keeping my power seats.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
*my first mod was pulling that DAMNED door ajar/lights on/seat-belt is unfastened/brake is on/hair is messed up/brush your teeth, your breath stinks f'ing buzzer :mad:

.... feeling better now :yes

asian is also correct about the extra head room. After the seats were installed, and had the slides cut down to lower them even more, I had to swap the hood as I couldn't see over that damned faux scoop :mad:

Jazzer :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I would not pay that guy for the Mach1 seats :no

They appear to be only slightly better than current, in terms of support and still need to pay another $150 easily in shipping for used seats. You cannot be sure the support is not bad or something.

Of the two you linked initially, I would go with the Corbeau GTS II's :yes

Jazzer :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ Those look increeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadibly cheap :(

Besides, comfort is a relative thing :yes. I still think it is best to try some seats out, as race-style seats are MUCH more form-fitting to your body. If they are uncomfortable, long road trips would flat-out suck! I can drive for hours and hours on my seats and are great. They can get a little "squishy" on the hips if I don't wear comfortable shorts for that time though. Hell, I wear shorts in ANY kind of weather when on a road :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is someone in Pa parting a mach right now. Heres a link to the ad for the seats 600 isnt bad for them and I might be wrong but dont corabeu and reccaro cost more than that?

Seats 2004 Mustang Mach1
I wouldn't mind seeing if he'd part out and just sell the rear seats. I'd like to upgrade those as well for styling wise.

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
I just swapped a wooden chair into mine, i like it :dunno

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just swapped a wooden chair into mine, i like it :dunno
They are soooo clean! I heard recaro makes a sweet cushion for them too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts