Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on the forums (bought a few others toys that I was more obsessed with than my mustang). But now after some neglect I'm back into working on my baby again.

I just installed a Clarion VX400 in my 07 GT with the Shaker 1000 system. The problem is that it keeps shutting itself down/restarting any time I turn the volume up, especially if there is any bass bumping.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it? I'm at a loss as to wth is going on and am beyond frustration here.

Truly appreciate any ideas! Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Either theres a short in one of the wires or a speaker is blown causing it to turn itself off before causing more damage.

·
Registered
253 Posts
sounds like the internal amp is unable to power up system.. does it turn back on when volume down?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It starts right back up immediately. It seems like it looses power and tries to immediately start back up but unless I turn the volume down it will forever loop with starting up and shutting down over and over.

We spliced everything and covered it in shrink tube along with then electrical taping to avoid shorts. But Maybe my only option is to rip it out and re do everything? shoot me

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds like the power wire is shorting or coming loose when the bass hits. Check the power wire even though you used the shrink tubes on it. I would just pull it out and check wires again.

·
Registered
559 Posts
is the deck shuting down or just the volume?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah def check those wires. I know sux. I hate when its not done right first time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll try checking those wires to start with and keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You might want to check out what the guys in the Audio/Visual section say, as well as Clarion

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Sounds like a loose wire / bad ground / blown fuse...or as someone else said, thermal protection if there is an overload or short.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts