Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back For More
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the best place to get new valve covers for a 3v? One of mine has a hole in it, which I JB Welded for now but ultimately I'd like to have a nice set of aftermarket covers to dress up the motor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Moroso has the best looking ones but they cost stupid money. I like the laser etched Ford Racing ones myself.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
I had the FRPP blue ones, they were nice. Try to get a used set of stockers and have them powder coated. But the laser etch was nice on the frpp ones .

·
Back For More
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I see they are crazy expensive, I think I'll deal with the nice JB Weld look for awhile!

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
i picked up a set of used stockers on ebay for 20 bucks plus shipping a while back. finally got paint and painted them a couple weeks ago. now im waiting to get back home to order some cams so i can swap em. keep an eye on s197's classified section as well, they are always going up there.

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
you can but there are soo many nooks and craneys it would be a pain in the dick. and you would have to keep up with them polishing them every so often.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
^+1 on that, it would be way easier to keep clean, look nice and not get the finished screwed up because of oil or road gunk if you get valve covers with a rough finish that isnt glossy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts