Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so i thought i had solved all the problems with my car, but noOoOoOo. I have driven my car all week with no problem, i haven't even got on it. For some reason over the past weekend the car has not sounded right. It idles fine, but when you begin to get it on the road it seems to have a loss of power. It was dynoed at 360 hp to the wheels, but it feels like worse than stock. I checked for vacuum leaks and have no leaks, timing is on the money at 12*. I have ALOT of new parts, new msd cap and rotor msd wires plugs air filter upper and lower (bbk ssi) new fuel filter new fuel rails and kirban fpr. I ran seafoam through the motor and it helped for a 10 minute drive, and now it has to warm up before it with idle without dieing. What do u think it could be? I need your guidance on another on of my situations.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
**** man I have a 97 cobra with same symptons...but a bad noise too

·
Registered
659 Posts
you have cats? I seafoamed my truck before a 2500mi drive and all the carbon clogged my cat and my truck had problems when I floored the gas or went uphill.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no cats fuel pump was replaced several hundred miles ago and if it was the dis. moduel it would't, start correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
659 Posts
you getting good fuel pressure? Im assuming u changed ur fuel filter as well when u did the pump.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
figured it out pcv valve was sucking oil into intake i added a air oil separator and problem stopped

1 - 8 of 8 Posts