Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got my first "ding" :mad:

My lower grill must have gotten loosened up from a recent "curbing" on a parking space cement stop thingy (what ever you call them) and came off while driving. Its lost forever. I do plan at some point getting a GT take off fromt bumber but im not ready for it.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheep replacement?

Thanks

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Yikes that sucks a lot. I feel for you. I hate it when I scrape those stopper things. It usually happens when I am backing out of the spot. :mad: :(

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was driving my GT a couple months back, had just put the ride height back to stock the day before.

So as I'm driving on the freeway home from work, there's this retard with a small toyota pickup truck and nothing holding down the **** in his bed.

Suddenly a cylinder block flys out and comes rolling towards me after jumping a few times from hitting the ground. About to swing to the right lane(I'm in the farthest lane to the left) but theres this car coasting next to me.

So I just get ready for it...WHAM....I'm about 3 miles from home when it happened, and I just keep driving. Nothing felt damaged, pulling off the freeway and coming home I'm just looking at people to see if they're staring at the front end(if they're staring for some odd reason, chances are there's damage and they're looking cause obviously it's not normal)

See a couple people look at the car, and then I pull up home. Sat in the car for a few minutes thinking about how much this is going to cost me. Got out and walked to the front.

No damage. Lifted the car up, had felt the cylinder block hit my exhaust or something else really hard. No damage anywhere either. All there was, was a small scratch on the under side of my bumpers stripe, but you can't see it unless the car's jacked up, and even then it's just a small scratch.

Main reason I'm saying all of this is that after all that, my lower grill(stock part) was holding on for dear life, only clipped in, on the driver side. Didn't fall out luckily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.