Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After this week I'll have everything ordered to complete my summer mods, my car will be set up as followed:

'00 gt stock weight
full bolt ons minus headers(catless hpipe, catback, udp's, k&n filter with stock intake, 75mm tb, 75mm ported stock plenum, 93 octane tune)
3.73 rear gear
17x9 wheels with 275 nitto dr's
3800 stall, trans go shift kit
lower ca's and subframes

I'm hoping for a 13.3/13.4 out of this set up.
hopefully before the memorial weekend racing I'll have 4.10's and a 31 spline rear set up and will throw jeffy in the trunk spraying a 100 shot, and after that would aim for low 12's after the drugs.

everything sound right? I'm assuming since properly set up full bolt on cars can get high 12's, that my car can do low 13's.

oh one last thing, the two tracks I go to are both about 1000' above sea level.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
After this week I'll have everything ordered to complete my summer mods, my car will be set up as followed:

'00 gt stock weight
full bolt ons minus headers(catless hpipe, catback, udp's, k&n filter with stock intake, 75mm tb, 75mm ported stock plenum, 93 octane tune)
3.73 rear gear
17x9 wheels with 275 nitto dr's
3800 stall, trans go shift kit
lower ca's and subframes

I'm hoping for a 13.3/13.4 out of this set up.
hopefully before the memorial weekend racing I'll have 4.10's and a 31 spline rear set up and will throw jeffy in the trunk spraying a 100 shot, and after that would aim for low 12's after the drugs.

everything sound right? I'm assuming since properly set up full bolt on cars can get high 12's, that my car can do low 13's.

oh one last thing, the two tracks I go to are both about 1000' above sea level.
You should add a CAI into it as well...
You will LOVE the control arms and subframes btw!!!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should add a CAI into it as well...
You will LOVE the control arms and subframes btw!!!
my car had a bbk cai and i took it off to put the stock one back on. nobody i've seen has been able to prove any gains out of them and I want my engine bay to look BONE stock when i pop the hood. i want people's jaws to drop when they see it after i beat them. the nitrous will be hidden as well. :cool:

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Ditto on the cai legend. 2v cars see no gain from one. I got a bbk for sale if anyone wants it. New filter. Looks real nice

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Ehh I kind of disagree with the CAI. There have been proven gains. They flow better then stock. Not a huge difference. But a couple ponies.

Anyways, I definatley think you can run low 13's. Good luck man

·
Registered
594 Posts
My K&N ram air kit is nice because it really howls at higher rpm...although once I do exhaust I may not hear it..i'd say 2-3 hp is exactly what you get.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2-3 hp. is nothing to worry about imo. that can be just dyno accuracy differences lol. but i'm not turning this into a cai debate, because i'm not doing one.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I ran 13.25 with a convertible with mach 1000 system which is the 4 amps in truck and 2 10s. Full bolt ons minus headers. and 4.10s. Had a canned tune and ET drag radials. With just gears and no drags i ran 13.5 spinning so i hope you got some tires. I didnt have my subframes on or lower controls though at that time so you should be good

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran 13.25 with a convertible with mach 1000 system which is the 4 amps in truck and 2 10s. Full bolt ons minus headers. and 4.10s. Had a canned tune and ET drag radials. With just gears and no drags i ran 13.5 spinning so i hope you got some tires. I didnt have my subframes on or lower controls though at that time so you should be good
well i have 555r's and an auto so i should be able to get off the line decent. i know the tires aren't the greatest but with an auto and not much power they should do ok.

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
the gears wouln't be of much help (you need 4.10's) but you should be ok with the rest.

13.5 is about where you'll be with the set up you listed.

also make shure you order a converter with a baloon plate/etc if you'll be spraying.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
my car had a bbk cai and i took it off to put the stock one back on. nobody i've seen has been able to prove any gains out of them and I want my engine bay to look BONE stock when i pop the hood. i want people's jaws to drop when they see it after i beat them. the nitrous will be hidden as well. :cool:
i also like this way of thinking:yes

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the gears wouln't be of much help (you need 4.10's) but you should be ok with the rest.

13.5 is about where you'll be with the set up you listed.

also make shure you order a converter with a baloon plate/etc if you'll be spraying.
yes i know the gears wont help me much, but i want to keep my 3.73's for a couple runs before i switch to 4.10's so i can see how much of a gain i get from them.

and for the converter i should be getting it in the mail any day now. I got a dirty dog 10", 3800 stall with the billet cover, and it does have a balloon plate.

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
yes i know the gears wont help me much, but i want to keep my 3.73's for a couple runs before i switch to 4.10's so i can see how much of a gain i get from them.

and for the converter i should be getting it in the mail any day now. I got a dirty dog 10", 3800 stall with the billet cover, and it does have a balloon plate.
you should be in good shape then.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i sure hope so. track opens in less than a months time and i'm getting impatient!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts