Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Are they already in? If the headlights are already in and are aimed right now, then you should just have to put the HID bulb in and that's it.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You should always aim your headlights after installing new ones. You can do it yourself with some tape and a wall/ garage door or you can take it to an inspection station and they should be able to do it for around $10.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have those on my 98 with HID's. Definately need to aim them. Suprisingly I found that there isnt any glare coming from them when using HID's with them. They look sick.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think sharkbait does
well where is that guy...

Are they already in? If the headlights are already in and are aimed right now, then you should just have to put the HID bulb in and that's it.
both the bulbs and headlights were in already, I just can't find the things on top of the light to aim them. Are you supposed to just tilt the whole light down a bit? cause thats what I'm doing now.

You should always aim your headlights after installing new ones. You can do it yourself with some tape and a wall/ garage door or you can take it to an inspection station and they should be able to do it for around $10.
what kind of inspection station? I don't know if there is any of those around here...lol I would just spend 10 bucks and have someone do it.

I have those on my 98 with HID's. Definately need to aim them. Suprisingly I found that there isnt any glare coming from them when using HID's with them. They look sick.
how did you aim them then?.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you take the corner light out you should see a phillips head screw on the side of the headlight closest to the blinker. if you tighten that screw it should start lowering the beam, if you loosen the screw it should raising the beam. If your headlight is sitting loose in the housing after you mess with the screw then you will have to use a 1/4" drive wratchet with a small deep socket to tighten the headlight retaining clips on the back of the headlight then re-adjust again.

·
Registered
185 Posts
[/IMG]

Thats the phillips head screw there. I snuck down to the garage to take this pic. I just had knee surgery so I'm banned from the garage for a while.

Reactions: V8POWA!

·
Registered
185 Posts
ah, thats what thats for! thanks! +reps for being a rebel and taking a pic :D
Haha no problem. I was hobbling up the stairs with my head down pulling myself up with the stair rail and i didnt see the wife standing at the top of the stairs with her arms crossed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts