Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed when i bought my car where the air bag comes out its loose and i can see it from the sides..its not too bad though but i can see it. do i hva eot fix this and is it a lot?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I think airbags are normally glued in place. But don't try to fix it yourself, take it to a shop and have them reglue it. Airbags can be dangerous and you should only work on them yourself if you're trained to.

·
Registered
978 Posts
^^+1. them things are dangerous. take it to the dealer and have them fix it for you!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The air bag module is held in by two small torx head bolts one on either side. If you disconnect the battery ground and wait 15 minutes or so the air bag isn't going to deploy on you. You might pry out the little plastic covers and try tightening those bolts. If after
that it is still loose it might be a good idea to let a mechanic work on it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The air bag module is held in by two small torx head bolts one on either side. If you disconnect the battery ground and wait 15 minutes or so the air bag isn't going to deploy on you. You might pry out the little plastic covers and try tightening those bolts. If after
that it is still loose it might be a good idea to let a mechanic work on it.
Actually I was looking at an Acura manual! But the information is still mostly correct. There is a small bolt on each side covered by some sort of plastic plug.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you are right, there are 2 plastic cover pieces on each side and the bolts lay underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts