Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to leave work today, I noticed my Airbag light was flashing, then stayed on. The light blinks one, then twice, then repeats until finally it just stays on. I reset the computer when I got home by disconnecting the battery. Anyone know what's going on?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
one of the clips came unpluged, you gotta take out the dash to get to one, the other is behind your glove box

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
all you do is use a flathhead to remove the light knob then remove the 2 torx bits under the top of the trim. the trim will pop out exposing a few small torx bits. remove these and pull out gauge cluster as a whole.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so I went and checked the fuses and the airbag fuse was blown. I changed it out and now I'm getting the 52 code which is "Backup power supply fault" What should I start to hit up next?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've read, this 52 code will stay after you fix the initial problem until you clear the code. Just so I understand this, to clear the code, I turn the car on, let the code run once, jump the two circuits before the light stays on, hold it till I hear a tone?

Do I have to remove the glovebox to get to the airbag module?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i think if i rember rite it shuts off after three key cycles after fixing the problem or you have to discon. the battery for a little bit . i don't rember jumping anything but i could be wrong

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
unplug the one behind the glovebox, start car, turn off car, replug and your done

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
the module has a plug going into it

·
Registered
4 Posts
my Airbag light was flashing, then stayed on. The light blinks 4 (four) times, interval of 8seconds, then 4 times again,interval of 3 seconds,repeat 4 times, interval 8 seconds then repeat this more 4 times , then repeats until finally it just stays on
total 5 times

what code is this? what happining?

·
Registered
4 Posts
air bag light :
xxxx (8") xxxx (3") xxxx (8") xxxx (3")xxxx (8") xxxx (3")xxxx (8")xxxx(3")xxxx (8") xxxx (3")xxxx (8") and stay on
five times the sequence of four times
what is that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
could just do my age old favorite i had a 78 that the alternator light stayed on all the time even though there was nothing wrong that we could ever find. here is what i did. pulled out the cluster got to the back of it pulled the wires off the back of the dummy light put it all back together problem fixed :)

just my 2 cents

1 - 15 of 15 Posts