Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
You know what Darrell, those are some pretty damn impressive numbers for such a little mod. There's proof, fellas, well for the 5 liter owners, that removing the air silencer yields a gain. Well I'd barely call that a mod, we should just call it a removal of plastic, lol. What is that? An 8 hp/5 tq gain? Of course that's not on my 4.6 it's on the 5.0 but still that's impressive.

+1 on that info.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i know you can make a shot ton more power from removing some of the plastic in the ls1 intake, but of course thats a completely different and better animla than our modular motors

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not that I am trying to shift anyones attention or anything but, has anyone witnessed the power gains from JLT's cai? On their site I am seeing all this rwhp gains and hp gains but, I haven't heard anyone actually back this except for the manufacturers themselves. What do you all think? Is it worth it or no? The price difference between JLT and BBK and other cai manufacturers is quite remarkable.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
JLT is the best IMHO...

I think you could see 8hp or so with the intake...

Jay (Owner Of JLT) is a good guy and does alot of testing on his products to ensure that they are worth what they cost...

I ahve heard nothign but complaints from people with BBK CAI...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
AtlanticBlue99 said:
still no report of gains on his 96 4.6 as inferred from original post...
Thats because I think on the 96-04's the stock intake is a pretty decent intake to begin with and taking the snorkel out prolly gives minimal gains..

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I have to add one more thing (which still isn't related to the 96 4.6), the major part of the gain that has been seen with a cold air intake is due to the restrictive factory air silencer and filter. That is the restrictive part, the rest is strictly cosmetic unless you get into AFM pipes which are double the size of the factory pipe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mm & ff did a test on a 01' gt, where they did cheap/easy mods, and got 4-5 hp. because i am new, could not post the link. the site should allow me to post it tomorrow.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts