Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the AC on it only comes out as warm air. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
open your hodd, start your car...turn your ac to off...go look at your ac compressor, the very front part should NOT be spinning, then go turn the ac on, you should hear a click, go look at the compressor again and it SHOULD now be spinning, start there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If it is kicking on you may be low on 143. $20 bux will get you a can of it and a gauge, at least thats what I got mine for. Thatd be the next thing to try. They make a colored refrigerant that will show if you have leaks, you might wana get a can of that too. Just read the directions and make sure you put the refrigerant in the right port...low presure i believe.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
im gettin there lol its taking a while to get a response here, if its kicking in, he obviously has a leak of 134A, i would reccomend a shop do it...in order to do refrigerant correctly the system must be pulled to a vaccum first to leviate all the air that has leaked in replacing the refrigerant that has leaked out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
my bad, guess I jumped the gun. Does it have to be hooked up to the vaccum if there is no leak? My old truck and stang just had no refrigerent in them...I had suffered through 3 Texas summers before i decided to try to add some. You could freeze your self out in 110 degree weather after it was charged.

OH...and 134, thats it...knew something wasnt right. Its late

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
Wow ~January and you have to worry bout AC problems, must be rough~ LOL from Iowa

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow ~January and you have to worry bout AC problems, must be rough~ LOL from Iowa
+1 lol but your ac system also affects the way your front defroster works... and if there is no leak then it is still under vaccum, but logically if there was refrigerant in there and now there isnt, there is a leak

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
13 mis of available advice time left here, then i have to go to bed...just a heads up

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
bed time, if you have more questions about the ac, ask i will answer when i wake up at like 11 tomorrow

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
HE LIVES IN HOUSTON TEXAS!!! if his car is a dd that would blow major ass

·
Registered
171 Posts
if the compressor isnt spinning then yeah it needs replacing...not sure if you can replace the clutch on them or not?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts