Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound like a dumc question but... I am looking for a good air filter for the CAI on my 2004 V6. I saw this on AM...
BBK High Performance Cold Air Intake Replacement Filter (94-03 V6, 96-04 GT Models) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

...but the problem is stops at 2003 for the V6. Is there something dfferent about the 04 that makes it different? Where does everyone else get theirs? I tried to get one from pepboys but the filter would not enter through my wheel well due to the large diameter, and also it would not fit on the pipe. So where do you guys with the 04's get yours?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
So let me just ask you this cause you dont say...

Do you have an aftermarket CAI?

If so, what brand?

it should be the same 1999-2004

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have the BBK CAI but if your going to get one just the AM one, $70 one or whatever it is priced. Not worth getting a BBK or K&N or any name brand because your paying for the name

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So let me just ask you this cause you dont say...

Do you have an aftermarket CAI?

If so, what brand?

it should be the same 1999-2004
Yes, I have an aftermarket CAI
I do not know the brand, because I bought the car used with it already installed
I was not sure of it being the same because for some reason it only says 99-03?
Thanks for the help...

Anyone here have an 04 that can post a link to the air filter they use?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
an air filter is an air filter...Only brand worth paying more for IMO is K&N. Go to autozone/advanced/napa/oriley or wherever with your current filter. Go look at the aftermarket ones and pick one near the same size.

Be sure to match up the opening size to the pipe. I think the AM CAI is a 3"....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, thanks for the help guys... I am just going to have to travel a little more to an autozone because I have a papboys near me and the one aftermarket filter they had did not fit, and that was the only one so I will just go to the autozne that is a little further away

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
alright, thanks for the help guys... I am just going to have to travel a little more to an autozone because I have a papboys near me and the one aftermarket filter they had did not fit, and that was the only one so I will just go to the autozne that is a little further away
You could do what I did...

I wanted a larger filter than the one that would fit in the wheel well, plus I wanted people to acually see the filter when the bay was displayed... here was my project:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/138192-customizing-my-cai.html

All I had to do was cut the pipe where it begins to bend... plus I painted it :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts