Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I just ordered a aem air/fuel kit guage kit and was wondering where is the best place to put the bung for the sensor. I have jba long tube headers which I bought used from a buddy and he allready had a bung welded in on the drivers side header just down stream of the collector, is that a good place? or is there a better location i could put it?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
hey guys I just ordered a aem air/fuel kit guage kit and was wondering where is the best place to put the bung for the sensor. I have jba long tube headers which I bought used from a buddy and he allready had a bung welded in on the drivers side header just down stream of the collector, is that a good place? or is there a better location i could put it?
That is a perfect location.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I also bought a AEM wideband should be here sometime next week.

I don't mean to jack your thread brianm but is it possible to put it in one of the rear 02 sensor bungs since they are turned off? And will that give a good/correct reading? Or should I just put it right after the long tube header?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you kindly. That saves me a little trouble. What a/f should i be looking for a crusing rpm, say 5 gear at 65mph for example. I know at wot I should be looking for around 11 to 1 but I was just wondering for normal driving as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Normal driving should be around 14.5-15's but really depends on who tunes it and such. 11:1 seems a little rich but should be in the 11.4.11.9 area for FI. IMO

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry my bad I just rechecked my emails and it should be 11.5:1 at wot

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
If 11's are safe, what is borderline unsafe? I too am going to be purchasing some here soon, once I make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I also bought a AEM wideband should be here sometime next week.

I don't mean to jack your thread brianm but is it possible to put it in one of the rear 02 sensor bungs since they are turned off? And will that give a good/correct reading? Or should I just put it right after the long tube header?
I've got mine mounted in my mid pipe as well. It's a decent location but I'm only running the OEM headers.

Thank you kindly. That saves me a little trouble. What a/f should i be looking for a crusing rpm, say 5 gear at 65mph for example. I know at wot I should be looking for around 11 to 1 but I was just wondering for normal driving as well.
Don't even bother trying to check the A/F like that. It's too erratic at that kind of speed. You're foot is going to be modulating the peddle slightly and it's going to throw it all off.

If 11's are safe, what is borderline unsafe? I too am going to be purchasing some here soon, once I make up my mind.
If you've got cats than too rich can cause them to fail and blow your motor. I wouldn't want a tune that's any place in the 10s on a car like ours and you definitely want anything higher than 12.2:1 on a FI set-up IMO

I dont have one yet, but I know my numbers from the dyno tune. I was looking at the innovate wideband. Any one know anything about it?

Innovate Motorsports Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Tuning
They are pretty nice from what I hear. Check out the Dynojet Wideband Commander too.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Thanks for the info Nasty. I dont have cats now and dont plan on it anytime soon.

I checked out the innovate site and they are quite a bit cheaper than some other brands I was looking at. May consider going with them instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts