Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to work on my car today, just little stuff and find out my air filter fell off when i was driving at some point in time, so yeah, great
is there anyway i can find out if it did any damage, or will time tell?
also, why the **** are they made so cheap that the filter falls off and is put in an area where air doesnt even go let alone cold air.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
haha, you should take your whole air intake off and clean it out real good with the spray stuff you get from Advance auto parts or somewhere like that, did where is your air filter located in the fenderwell or inside the engine bay? did yoiu actually lose it? just came looise?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah just try and clean everything as much as possible. Like your MAF and your IAC. Sh*t happens. Unless you want to pull the engine apart and clean it all up, there isn't a whole lot you can do. I think if there were a huge problem like it sucked a bag or something up it would already have made itself known. But you should cut that thing shorter, put a larger filter on it, and put the CAI inside of your engine bay.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its gone, i put my stock air filter setup on with just the silencer off for now, until i get a better brand

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
How the hell does the filter fall out ,lol ? Did it fall out of the fender or somethin ?

I wouldn't worry to much,bags and **** like that cant get inside there. Theres a small screen where the MAF sits . Or at least there should be.

·
Registered
380 Posts
my 2000 dosent have a screen on MAF sensor. is that bad????

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there wasnt a screen, it was with my old one, but yeah it just fell off i guess, the clamps were on as good as i could get because of the awkward positioning

·
Registered
387 Posts
i took mine off when i did my K&N FIPK kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone want to get rid of their MAF sensor screen?
Somehow it got lost after moving to car to different storage places three times.
Been working on doing stuff like cleaning, rebuilding and painting the brake calipers, replacing the front subframe(damaged), installing urethane bushing into '04 Cobra LCA, Caster/ Camber plates, Koni STR T all around, engine mounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts