Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had my 2005 Mustang since 2009, but I only noticed this recently. Even while my A/C is off, and hasn't been turned on for days, air will still blow out of the face facing vents and under dash vents (not the windshield/side window ones). The faster I go, the faster the air pushes out.

I know the A/C compressor is attached to the serpentine belt, but this seems a little much. It seems to match the temperature outside, but one time I did put the heat on for 30 seconds or so to test, and when I turned if off, warm air was still blowing out at speed (maybe just leftover).

Any ideas? Has this always been a thing, and I just never noticed it? I rarely us the A/C (unless going above 60). It's always windows down. Above 60 is windows up and A/C on. With it being cooler out (I live in Florida), I leave the windows up over 60, but have the A/C off. I ALWAYS have the vents closed when not in use, so a while back, I noticed a trickle of air coming out. When I opened the vents at highway speed, I noticed the issue. Based off of all that, it's possible I just never noticed it.

What do you think?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 04 elantra that does the same thing. I don't think my Mach 1 was like that, when the A/C was off, no air came out....but then again it's been a while since I drove that car. However, or 2015 Altima and 2010 dodge van has no air flow when the A/C is off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 04 elantra that does the same thing. I don't think my Mach 1 was like that, when the A/C was off, no air came out....but then again it's been a while since I drove that car. However, or 2015 Altima and 2010 dodge van has no air flow when the A/C is off.
Yeah... It's strange. I couldn't tell you if my Torino does that or not because it's full of holes anyway. Haha. It almost seems like something to stuck open somewhere, and air flows as it pleases as the car moves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts