Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am running thirty pound injectors and a calibrated mass air new fpr from holly and a holley pump trickflow top end and new rotating assembly. The thing is I still have the stock heads on and I am just drowning them. What I can't figure out is the right fuel pressure the run this and where should timing be set at

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
set it to 39 with the vacuum off

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea that's where it is now and seems to run the best but as soon as I get stuck at a light it loads up and runs like **** I tried getting new plugs and picked up new 10mm wires the dizzy is new could I need to get hotter plugs?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you prob need a tune with those huge injectors

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should prolly get a set of 205 heads too lol I just cheap but it shoul work if tuned as is I prolly just get some heads first cause its getting to be that time of year where its to shitty out to drive anyway

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I would start at the stock 39psi and work yourself down a little but you should really get a tune if you absolutely need to use those injectors. Also holley afpr's suck balls and break very easily fyi

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill give that try and be prepared for that fpr to break and I would be using my twenty four #'rs but I traded them used for a new set of thirties I couldn't pass it up ill turn it down a little and keep u guys updated thanks for the help

·
Banned
837 Posts
stock heads , 30lbs injectors , calibrated meter , all 3 are asking for problems LOL , much less all installed on the same car

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Ill give that try and be prepared for that fpr to break and I would be using my twenty four #'rs but I traded them used for a new set of thirties I couldn't pass it up ill turn it down a little and keep u guys updated thanks for the help
it might help a little but your still going to have driveability problmes out the ass with that setup without forking out the cash for a tune which would be pretty gay also being stock heads/motor with large injectors and a maf upgrade.

I'd honestly go to the junkyard and pull the stock meter and injectors for $20 and install them until you save up for more mods just a thought. fyi stock 19lb injectors are good until the 280hp area

·
Registered
204 Posts
you prob need a tune with those huge injectors
LOL 30s are not huge by today's standards We run 83s lol..
But like said I would find some stockers to throw back in there till you need to move up..

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
their huge considering his combo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts