1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I am running the stock KB unit, upgrading would be a good idea. I am looking at the ones for terminators.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am running the stock KB unit, upgrading would be a good idea. I am looking at the ones for terminators.
The Termi might be a better way to go.
You might have package issues with the GT500 exchanger, and it does seem to be a bit overkill.

Don't forget about the pump and resevoir packaging too..

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i threw up the GT500 exchanger as an extreme. i was also looking at the upgraded termi ones as they are more realistic for my setup. But i do like the electric fan idea and may incorporate a single 6 inch or somthing with key on power to help out.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im using the LFP Heat Exchanger.
If you measure intake temps or inlet and outlet sides of the exchanger did you notice a difference?

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i would go with the killer chill as well. but if you want to run a good system with a heat exchanger i would run a large trunk tank with a upgraded heat exchanger and pack it full of ice when your at the track.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tis true

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
If you measure intake temps or inlet and outlet sides of the exchanger did you notice a difference?
I did not persoanlly but the guy who had teh kit before me did and noticed around 30* drop just from swapping from a factory 03 cobra HE. He was seeing 118-124* IATs. Mine on the dyno was seeing 110* IATs. I also run some water weter in mine. My HE never gets too warm, its usually hard to judge even to the touch.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If the time ever comes this is what i may upgrade to. although mine isnt much smaller then that.

I would love to find an actual intercooler upgrade.
that seems like a really good price for such a large HE with the drain petcock too... shifting my attention to this product now

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
that seems like a really good price for such a large HE with the drain petcock too... shifting my attention to this product now
I actually found it while I was on a diesel site. I book marked it because its about half the price of other quality heat exchangers.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I wanna measure mine now to see if its any larger. and worth switching to..

and not to thread jack, but for you KB guys, this is what i have in the works to not only help IATs but to allow a hell of a lot more air in.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I wanna measure mine now to see if its any larger. and worth switching to..

and not to thread jack, but for you KB guys, this is what i have in the works to not only help IATs but to allow a hell of a lot more air in.
Is that Daves(turbocooker)? How Much?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Willy what intercooler are you using now?

Id really like to see what that inlet can do

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i am still running the stock cobra h/e and tank, to help keep my iat's down i put a drain on the tank so i can drain water out and add ice.

i used parts of my gardan hose stuff to make it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts