Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the airbag recall notice for the passenger side bag to be reflashed. I went to my local dealer and they said "leave the car with us as it will take most of the day". I told them fine then called the same dealer one hour later and said "I was wondering if I can wait while my recall is performed and they replied", "Oh no problem, it only takes about 45 minutes". What the hell is up with these people?

Just thought I would share how wonderful my dealership is.

Len Stoler Ford in Owings Mills MD

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i got a friend at mine (i think he's over maintenance) that usually gets me in and out quick
but i went their today and they were covered up
so i told him i'd just wait didn't want him to get bitched out by customers and his boss for me
so im going tomorrow and get it done but he said it doesn't take long at all for em to do it

·
Registered
743 Posts
Stealerships are awesome man....must just be you
j/k ...haven't even opened my letter yet, guess I should do that now

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I just received the airbag recall notice for the passenger side bag to be reflashed. I went to my local dealer and they said "leave the car with us as it will take most of the day". I told them fine then called the same dealer one hour later and said "I was wondering if I can wait while my recall is performed and they replied", "Oh no problem, it only takes about 45 minutes". What the hell is up with these people?

Just thought I would share how wonderful my dealership is.

Len Stoler Ford in Owings Mills MD
i think it tells your that in the letter, it doesnt take that much time to perform the reflash. you have to think that other mustangs are going to be coming in too so it might be awhile before they get to yours. thats maybe why they told you it might take most of the day.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have the same recall, getting mine taken care of tomorrow, the dealership said the same thing it's only about a 30 minute fix. Keep in mind this is a generic recall sent to a lot of people, Ford probably doesn't want people to think it'll always be a 30 minute fix when suddenly there's 30 people getting work done the same day and it winds up taking forever. I figured they'd be overestimating it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This recall is a joke. Who in their right mind is going to have a female within the fifth percentile riding in the front seat with the seat positioned all the way up without any seatbelt on? Redickelous if you ask me. If infact they do allow a fifth percentile female to ride in that position without any restraints they deserve whatever they get if infact they are in an accident. blah blah blah. lol

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I don't know why there doing this but it sure seems fishy... I will take my chances... Don't want any flashing being done to screw up my tune

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I called and asked about that before I made my appointment, they said they wouldn't be messing around with any of the tuning, just the seatbelt/airbag control.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
This recall is a joke. Who in their right mind is going to have a female within the fifth percentile riding in the front seat with the seat positioned all the way up without any seatbelt on? Redickelous if you ask me. If infact they do allow a fifth percentile female to ride in that position without any restraints they deserve whatever they get if infact they are in an accident. blah blah blah. lol
my cousin is 18 and weighs under a 100lbs lol
and she rides with me a good bit while she's up here
thats the only reason i'm going to do it

·
Registered
177 Posts
I didn't think they needed to REFLASH the main computer to fix this recall.

I have a custom Supercharger tune and the dealer ship isn't going to screw it up.
There must be a solution to this <<<<<<<<

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I got the letter today. I'm with you 2006greyGT, I'm concerned they will mess with my Roush tune.
Yeah, I agree....what are the chances? But Ford cant take that risk and be like...that will probably never happen. TOO BIG of a lawsuit, so thats why they do this

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
they aren't reflashing the ECM they are flashing the SRSCM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts