Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sites does everyone use to purchase plane tickets? Also how long in advance do you find yo get the best price usually? I have 3 wedding I'm going to this year that all require travel and I'd prefer to spend as little as possible on airfare.

·
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker
2,575 Posts
I went to Colorado and Vegas for weddings last year. Both times I purchased tickets directly from the airline. Southwest and Spirit had the cheapest non-stop flights that I could find.

As with buying any tickets, the longer you wait to purchase, the higher the price. I purchased mine about 3 weeks prior to leaving.

·
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker
2,575 Posts
For long flights, it's not the best. Spirit has the narrowest seats of any major airline. I had a 4.5 hour flight to Vegas, so you can imagine how uncomfortable it got. On the return flight I sprung for their "big" seats in the front of the plane. Not great, but a lot better.

Not to mention, Southwest has free drinks, snacks, and wifi. Whoop-de-doo, I know.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Allegiant has cheap prices and they go into smaller cities/airports. If you're lucky they fly to a destination near where your going lol

·
Chicken ****er
2,633 Posts
**** spirit. I will never fly with them again.
This all day long. I spent more time helping people with issues with Spirit airlines when i worked in the hotels than all other airlines combined. They also had the most distressed flights. Add the extra cost's of everything, i'm surprised they haven't found a way to charge for breathing the air on the plane. i've never had anything but good service and reasonable prices from Southwest

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Yeah 69FB, I need you to stop by olathe executive airport and fly me one way to Fiji with a stop over in Vegas. That is where I will pay you. I will just tell the strippers that you have a plane and cocaine. Not being able to resist the real mile high club, 10 should fit on the plane. They should be worth something on the black market. Just have to avoid liem neeson's daughter.

Bitch should just stay inside already.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
So far this has the cheapest prices even compared to going direct.

Thanks
i actually found out about that site when it was in the news that the 23 year old founder of the site was getting sued by several airlines for teaching people loopholes to get cheaper tickets

i've never used them, but apparently the way it works is you buy a flight to a destination that has a connecting flight, but instead of getting on the connecting flight, you just stay in that city lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
The sooner you buy the tickets the better and cheaper they will be . You can try finding those stand by tickets but those are not a guarantee and not for traveling to a wedding those are for like last minute planned trips .

Spirit - Not the greatest but you will get there
United - Always a little over prices
Delta - I haven't flown with them in 10 years but hear they are reasonable i

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been looking around some more and it seems the 6-10 weeks before you fly seems to be what most agree is the best time to but tickets.

Google flights prices matched what i found on skiplagged.com .

One trip in in April with the others in May and June. I think i will watch the prices for the next couple weeks and see if they change any and snag them up if they drop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts