Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title said.. just got off the phone and it will be shipped out today :) im excited. im going to be running a 5g pre-compressor nozzle and 2 5g nozzles near the throttle boddy. i also picked up a mega squirt AIT sensor. now im trying to decide if i should by the IW 10% Overdrive crank pulley...mmmmm

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Get the over drive pulley! I ran the ais trunk mounted kit and it was pretty good. Rodney knows his stuff.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was on the phone with him for like an hour.. cool guy

i found the over drive pulley for 400$.. thats alot of money after 500+$ on a meth kit haha ... and i need to get a retune... but im hoping for 100hp jump by doing this lol..

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Not sure what blower your running but a 8 rib swap with a overdrive crank will deff provide the boost levels your looking at with out the worry of belt slip.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a D1SC and that 10% crank should give me 18ish psi that combined with the usual 1-2 psi you see when you add a pre compressor meth jet could possibly be 19-20 psi.. throw some timing at it and i think ill be good on the 6 rib

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i didnt see any gain in boost with the pre jet, just really cold iat's. i was about 10 degrees below ambient temps all year round with meth and a 4 core ic.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of compressor do you have?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i was running a vortech v3 si, with the stock crank 3.0 rr pulley, threw a cx racing 4 core ic, and a ais meth kit.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kinda power where you making? That v3 si is just slight better than a p1sc right?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
its rated below a p1 but it cranked out 18# with that combo, unfortunatly i never got the final numbers on the car since i sold it. it pegged the maf out but it layed down 538 rwhp at 5500 rpms. the new owner is taking it in with me next thursday to get it tuned in with a new pulley combo. he is running a 3.125 pulley and im expecting it to put down about 525 at 15# of boost. ill post up the dyno numbers along with vids of it.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Wait...the V3 Si trim flows better then a P1, but alittle less then the D1 right? I thought the Si trim flowed alittle more then a T trim, and the T trim was comparable to the D1.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
on paper the p1sc is supposed to flow more, but the si trim deff makes more power/ boost due to its curved impeller blades. the d1 flows simmilar to the t trim which flows 50 cfm more than a si trim.

p1sc on paper is supposed to flow 1200 cfm
t trim flows 1200 cfm
si trim flows 1150 cfm
d1sc flows 1400 cfm.

the t trim and the d1 have both proven to make around the same hp with the si trim almost matching it being shy a few hp.
unfortunatly the p1sc has fallen short of its proven numbers and has been re-worked into the p1sc-1 which is also rated at 1200 cfm with curved impeller blades and produces as it clames.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Wow I didnt know that. Ive seen V1 S trims hitting 600rwhp without meth, never see that with a P1, **** its not as common to see a P1 making 500rwhp.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
procharger has re-done the p1sc since it did not provide the head room to grow. the new p1sc-1 is the same as a si/t trim

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cool, didnt know that. Vortech needs to come out with some nice flowing air to air intercoolers.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
as it goes for intercoolers, vortech air to water ic is a pretty decent setup if your a 1/4 mile guy. its not so great on the street cause of the water holding heat, but the ability to run ice is a big advantage for the track.

for street driven guys air to air is way better. hell running meth on top is always sweet

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so right now im making 480rwhp at 15psi..with 91 octane.. i have 93 octane now. what do you think i will be making at 18psi + meth.. ill be sprayin 10 pre throttle body and 5 pre compressor...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i dont know the rest of your combo but you should be touching 600 if you got things right. and you have enough fuel! btw i dont know why your numbers are that low but something is holding your car up

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
shitty California tuners.. thats what lol and cylinder heads.. they are just Stock MOD heads from MHS, valve job, bronze guides, bowl port.. nothing special.
have hp292 blower cams

fuel system is twin cobra pumps w/BAP, fore fuel rails w/ 60lb injectors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts