Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 GT and I got a Clifford alarm going in, and everything is everything except for the door locks. I have the dash out, and I'm tapping the pink/yellow pink/ltblue up on the right corner, right below the windshield (dash it out).

I have the DEI 451M dual relay module, and I know we use type C locks, but no matter what I do, its popping every fuse I put in it!

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm sure one of you guys had to have done this before...

As always, I appreciate the help!

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
by "C" type locks you are talking about 5 wire system correct? if you are just blowing the fuses on the relay module then you are wiring it incorrectly.

Those wires that you have listed are the door lock and unlock wires which are not the ones you are looking for. With the "5" wire system you need to catch the lock and unlock motor wires, not the switches. there should be 1 lock and 1 unlock motor wire for each door.

Once you find those wires you will then cut them in half on all 4 wires on each door. What this will do is to give you a "motor" side wire and then a "switch" side for lock and unlock. Now at this point just read on the 451 what color goes to where and then test and you should be done with it.

Just remember that you need the Unlock/Lock MOTOR wires and not the SWITCH wires for the "5" wire system.

If you need the wires colors for those I can get them to you later as I cant access it right now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah please, if you could that would be alot of help...

So, if I tap the motor wires, won't I only end up controlling 1 door and not both?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
IIRC you can catch both the D/S and P/S door lock/unlock motor wires on the D/S.
Thats where I remember catching them for my 89. Ill try and get those wire colors up for you as soon as i get off of work

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
good post, exactly what you need to do. just follow it and you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts