Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 gt and i need alarm help! I only have a key no fob for car. If i put the key in the driver door and unlock it, when i open the door the alarm goes off. If i put the key in pass door and unlock it, no prob. Even if i am sitting in the car and shut all doors and lock it, then hit auto unlock on drivers side and open my door, alarm goes off. Is there a short in drivers door? Something disconnected under hood or in trunk? Where do i look first? I tried disconnecting something in the door trim that ran directly to the lock and it didnt do anything. Matter of fact it didnt hurt anything, not sure what disconnected. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Could the random wire in your other pic be for the anti-theft? I believe there is a connection under the dash somewhere on the drivers side. Dont know where the other end of that leads. Check under the dash for a missing plug and see if it matches the one in your other thread.

???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I think the long unplugged cord under the hood is to the hood light from the stock hood. But I have an aftermarket hood now and that would be why it is unplugged. But that still doesnt solve my anti-theft issue. I did notice in the trunk when I peel back the carpet, there is an unplugged wire back there as well. Its hanging below the anti-theft, BUT i dont see any missing adaptors to the alarm system box. I cant find anything under there that is unplugged as well. The light in the trunk comes on, so I know thats not it. All the speakers in the trunk work, it cant be that either. The unplugged wire is sitting directly underneath the anti-theft box, just chillin. But I cant figure it out. I will take a picture tonight and post it so you can see that as well.

If anyone has a 96-98...can you check in the trunk by the anti-theft box and see if you have a small two prong gray adaptor plugged in somewhere?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually had the same problem! I had that wire unplugged as well but after researching a bit I found a solution. I had a bad ground on my battery and after I fixed that I synced the key to the car and it seems to have worked, no more problems after that, hope it's as easy as that for you!
Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey can you walk me by how u found the wire? And also how you synced the key with the door? Did u ever find where that wire in the trunk plugged into?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts